Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was DCL ever expected back for this one? A lot of people doom mongering because he hasn't made the bench. I thought he was in very preliminary stages of returning to training and that this game was unlikely to be his return.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has to be injured again when you see rondon on the bench...clearly the board has massively gamble on him being a big attacking treat for us this season...let's hope that somehow we get enough points until Jan so that we can go and buy a proper striker
Or we didn't want to risk him? Just a thought like.

Was Dominic Calvert-Lewin ever expected back for this one? A lot of people doom mongering because he hasn't made the bench. I thought he was in very preliminary stages of returning to training and that this game was unlikely to be his return.
Was touch and go I believe, never going to start though. If he's not back by Southampton then certainly there is something afoot.

Was Dominic Calvert-Lewin ever expected back for this one? A lot of people doom mongering because he hasn't made the bench. I thought he was in very preliminary stages of returning to training and that this game was unlikely to be his return.
Lampard said at the time 6 weeks injury but then that he was ahead of schedule for a come back...so yes at the minimum I would have expected him to be on the bench today

The DCL possibly being back and maybe even starting was entirely banking on Moyes to do his typical over planning on the opposition rather than being proactive, they've gone back 5 which illustrates it worked.

Get in the front foot early doors and win the midfield battle and we'll beat these well.

Great to see Garner make the bench too.

You mean no options really...rondon doesn't count as lampard clearly has no intention of ever playing him by the looks of it...so we have our front 3 with only mcneil as alternative in the attacking third...madness
...which is why another forward should have been a priority in the window just shut.

That error will be the difference between midtable and a relegation struggle come the World Cup break.

The Dominic Calvert-Lewin possibly being back and maybe even starting was entirely banking on Moyes to do his typical over planning on the opposition rather than being proactive, they've gone back 5 which illustrates it worked.

Get in the front foot early doors and win the midfield battle and we'll beat these well.

Great to see Garner make the bench too.
Are they 5 at the back? Surely it's Coufal, Kehrer, Zouma, Cresswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.