Match Thread Everton Vs Norwich City - Capital One Cup - Fourth Round - Tuesday 27th October - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
2DDAF45200000578-3292487-image-a-59_1445986711726.jpg

look at that beautiful picture. many kinds of emotions right there. love it.
Gibbo's thinking "Pint lads?"

And for the first time since we capitulated against Wigan, all of the (London) teams we want to avoid are already out so subject to a kind QF draw there is a clear route to a final. I personally think we can beat any team left in over a 2-leg semi final not least cos the RS, Man U and city will still be in the middle of European, premier league and FA cup fixture pileup by the time the semi is due to be played?.

....I agree, the quarter finals are looking a lot more navigatable than before last night and even if United and City get through they have other priorities. It's good that we're involved in the business end of a competition.

The jubilant atmosphere at the end masked what was another concerning evening overall. To be fair Norwich played well, but we were poor.

We lacked any shape from the outset and didn't utilise our strengths in any shape or form; far too many lumped up balls for Rom to struggle at.

When Deulofeu came on he seemed as if he was reinvigorating our play by stretching Norwich and offering new options; twas Barnsley again.

However, we then just seemed to starve him of any time on the ball by reverting to type. It was a clear and utter waste of his potential.

I was also hoping for the likes of Osman, Gibson and Mirallas to try and stake a claim for Sunday and beyond with their performances last night.

Yet, instead, they've probably just cemented Martinez's mentality that his chosen 'few' will remain, unless he is actually forced to change.

Gibson for Barry or McCarthy? Not on last nights performance, even though the latter has been a pale shade of his former self as of late.

Martinez has already stated that Robles will be replaced by Howard, regardless of the fact he is better in nearly all aspects of goalkeeping.

We're through which is the most important part of last night so I will give a rye smile, but our inability to get a grasp in a cup competition is awful.

Anyone notice end of first period of extra time they stuck up one extra minute and the ref blew his whistle dead on fifteen minutes,a few quizzical looks on the bencheslol

Anyone notice end of first period of extra time they stuck up one extra minute and the ref blew his whistle dead on fifteen minutes,a few quizzical looks on the bencheslol
They've been don't things like this for the last couple years. I don't get how it works because they'll have 3 minutes of extra time, someone gets hurt just after 90 min and they will blow for time ten seconds after allotted time.

Finally home from this after a long and arduous journey.

That was comfortably one of the worst Everton displays I've ever witnessed at GP. Insipid, guileless, and cowardly are only 3 of the ways to describe it - there are many more. Basically we were utter utter crap.

Total disrespect for the competition from the manager by his team selection making 8 changes which went against the wishes of nearly every supporter, and as a result we were outplayed and out fought by the mighty Norwich. Yes Norwich, who were supposed to be more concerned with their position in the league and yet came to GP and had a right good go at winning the game. And they really should have and would have if it hadn't been for Robles. Hoolahan ran the game and was easily the best player on the pitch.

Too scared to take the game to Norwich on our own patch. It's becoming a habit. If anyone is defending that they'd need to have a word with themselves about the standards they expect from EFC. Never before has our motto been so inapt.

this is a laugh. my streams just getting down to the penalty shoot out :D

The live game in Oz was Sheff Wed v Arsenal on beIN SPORTS. It scheduled a delayed replay of Everton's tie two and a half hours later.

They allotted 90 minutes to it and I assumed it would be edited to fit the end in, but it ended half way through extra time. I assume it
flowed through to whatever was on next, I don't know.

There was a 30 minute mini-replay listed 12 hours later, at 10.pm, but guess what? - It was the SW-A match.

I'd avoided the result because I assumed it would go to pens and I wanted to watch it properly. I hate the tension but I'm must be a masochist.

I googled it and eventually saw the shootout at close to midnight.

Thanks, beIN SPORTS. You're pathetic.

Total disrespect for the competition from the manager by his team selection making 8 changes which went against the wishes of nearly every supporter, and as a result we were outplayed and out fought by the mighty Norwich. Yes Norwich, who were supposed to be more concerned with their position in the league and yet came to GP and had a right good go at winning the game. And they really should have and would have if it hadn't been for Robles. Hoolahan ran the game and was easily the best player on the pitch.
Our recent performances have made me grow uneasy about our upcoming 'easier' fixtures. We seem to show very little fight or urgency.

Our recent performances have made me grow uneasy about our upcoming 'easier' fixtures. We seem to show very little fight or urgency.

I can accept poor performances, but the tactic of letting Norwich, yes Norwich, have possession of the ball and hope to nick a goal on the counter attack was shameful.

This is Everton Football Club for goodness sake.

No tackling, no fight, no closing down of space,, no taking the game to them on our own pitch. It was embarrassing and doesn't bode well for the immediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.