Match Thread Everton Vs Norwich City - Capital One Cup - Fourth Round - Tuesday 27th October - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you say winning with Moyes. We didn't really did we?

If we win every game 1-0 from now to eternity I'd be made up.

From bottom 5 to top 6 on regular basis, I think we were winning more than we were losing. All im saying is moyes won games but was criticised for being boring. Martinez isn't much better. Yeah 1-0 wins every game would be great if we got some silverware in the cupboard.

2DDAF45200000578-3292487-image-a-59_1445986711726.jpg

look at that beautiful picture. many kinds of emotions right there. love it.

Let's be straight here, despite his goal, Osman was absolute poison last night.

Slower than Adele's metabolism that fella.

Osman started on the left, with Gibson and McCarthy in the centre; Osman - Gibson - McCarthy - Mirallas
Everton had little possession. Gibson had little influence in midfield and Osman saw very little of the ball. Martinez could have changed this formation at half time - or before - but persevered with it until Norwich scored.

After an hour, he brought on Barkley to support Lukaku and Deulofeu to play right wing. Osman came into centre midfield as Gibson dropped back to centre half; Mirallas - Osman - McCarthy - Deulofeu
Osman took control of midfield as Everton came back into the game and equalised.

In extra time, Naismith came on for Mirallas, and Osman switched back to the left side. Norwich then gained more possession.
Osman - Naismith - McCarthy - Deulofeu

Yes, Osman was exhausted at the end, but so were the rest of the team. Six players had their hands on their knees as they waited for yet another Norwich corner. So I think Osman more than played his part, but I expect he will be given a rest on Sunday.

Lukaku, McCarthy, Stones and Mori played for 120 minutes - I hope thay recover.
Kone, Barkley and Deulofeu each played for an hour.
Galloway, Coleman and Lennon were rested; Barry was suspended.

Osman started on the left, with Gibson and McCarthy in the centre; Osman - Gibson - McCarthy - Mirallas
Everton had little possession. Gibson had little influence in midfield and Osman saw very little of the ball. Martinez could have changed this formation at half time - or before - but persevered with it until Norwich scored.

After an hour, he brought on Barkley to support Lukaku and Deulofeu to play right wing. Osman came into centre midfield as Gibson dropped back to centre half; Mirallas - Osman - McCarthy - Deulofeu
Osman took control of midfield as Everton came back into the game and equalised.

In extra time, Naismith came on for Mirallas, and Osman switched back to the left side. Norwich then gained more possession.
Osman - Naismith - McCarthy - Deulofeu

Yes, Osman was exhausted at the end, but so were the rest of the team. Six players had their hands on their knees as they waited for yet another Norwich corner. So I think Osman more than played his part, but I expect he will be given a rest on Sunday.

Lukaku, McCarthy, Stones and Mori played for 120 minutes - I hope thay recover.
Kone, Barkley and Deulofeu each played for an hour.
Galloway, Coleman and Lennon were rested; Barry was suspended.

Barring more injuries, or a chronic lack of form in other players, I doubt Ossie's seriously in contention for a starting place in the league. Of our players who havn't featured much, if at all, in the league, some were playing to show/improve their fitness and some would be hoping to impress and get a look in for league games.

To a greater or lesser extent, Robles, Oviedo and Mirallas did their causes no harm.

Gibson got some minutes in his legs but looked rusty till he was switched to centre half.

Kone and Browning aren't first choices but have shown they can do a job.

Osman didn't really look like a player playing for a place in the first eleven. The run out will have done him good, but he seemed to be going through the motions to me.

Summat good

I´ll worry if it gets to 5 seasons and there´s no sign of the golden era

5 seasons a good long time, if RM is good as some believe or have faith in him then there should be some light before the end of the 5th season.
I would expect to see some real improvement on that basis by half way through the fourth season.

.....but that's why football is so unpredictable. Arsenal beat Bayern but were beaten by Sheffield Wednesday, Chelsea are holders and Champions but beaten by a Stoke side that lost at home on Saturday to Watford.

Funny old game.

And for the first time since we capitulated against Wigan, all of the (London) teams we want to avoid are already out so subject to a kind QF draw there is a clear route to a final. I personally think we can beat any team left in over a 2-leg semi final not least cos the RS, Man U and city will still be in the middle of European, premier league and FA cup fixture pileup by the time the semi is due to be played?.

Status
Not open for further replies.