Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Virginia for my MoM. Gomes, Godfrey, Mina, Dom and Richie all played well with no complaints about the others. But once City got ahead, with a lot of luck going their way for the goal, a second was almost inevitable. However without us snatching a goal to get ahead I couldn't see us lasting an extra 30 minutes, not with City having such a strong bench to call on.

We have given the best team in the country and possibly Europe a game with a keeper making his first start. I don’t know what more we could have done if I’m honest. We needed to take one of the couple of half chances that came our way, but sadly their class told in the end.
Tbh we played well, attacked as much as we could, but we understandably tired towards the end against possibly the best team around right now. There goal had a bit of fortune to it, great reaction save from our keeper, only to bounce fight in front of a City player who couldn't miss. Second goal, some refs may have gave a foul against Mahrez, high feet, but overall you couldn't deny City deserved it, but you can't deny we played our best, with a depleted team, we had a few chances to, but not our day.

They all put a shift in. Can't fault them, it would've taken a lot more luck for us to get through. I hope they make up for the disappointment by giving everything and finishing strongly with the remaining league games.

Season over now. Look to the summer and sort out what’s needed. We not gonna get anywhere playing as negative as we do so lots of work needed. I know it was City but you have to have more of a go in a quarter final. Can say we tried but in the end that’s pointless. Another season of nothing ultimately.
Give yourself a good shake man...season over my ars!! Europe to play for,prize money to play for CARLO TO PLAY FOR !!

What’s the point , just give them everything. You can see why the German teams wanted a cap in teams spending. Their team is a joke, football has just stopped being competitive. No team can compete with their spending.
Unfortunately last season a certain team blew that theory out of the window

no im annoyed at "fans" that sit there moaning about our defending when we've defended brilliantly and got a little unlucky.
We defended poorly for 2 goals and conceded for both of them I’m never going to be happy with that. I’ve also said there’s no shame losing to them and there’s big positives in the loss so I’m not sure I’m moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.