Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did well against the best team in the league by a mile until the last 10 minutes, can't really fault the effort and considering how well we've played at home in the last few games this was a massive improvement
This to be carried on after the break, palace at home need fo start winning against teams like that. Good effort today and we are only 3-4 players short of being a top team when everyone is fit.

Would have liked to have seen a bit more old fashioned FA cup passion. Instead, we played like we just wanted to contain, be resilient and keep the score down, which, in the end, is just what we did.
Happy at least that Virginia was not disgraced or embarrassed!

2nd goal doesnt matter. 1-0 or 4-0 in the cup, same outcome.
The winning goal was annoying as it looks like as its pure bad luck it bounces back of the bar, not over, not to one of our players, nope straight to a city player.
Please, one year, oh fa cup draw Gods, give us a wycombe wanderers in the late stages

City are in a winning groove but we should have done better with the free kicks/corners and at times we rushed our passes. We were struggling to put together some good moves - had two or three - but never took the opportunities.

same old, at least Everton fans are used to these sorrows.

A decent performance and the keeper done well but until Everton replace dead wood they wont win anything - ANYTHING. Not enough quality, I am not happy to have Everton continually piss around winning nothing, nothing since the 90s

Another summer clear out is needed

Gbamin - needs to be replaced
Iwobi
Delph
Bernard
Coleman - past it
Sigs

Too many people here are wearing rose tinted glasses to see the dross in the side
Agreed on all bar Gbamin, too early to call that one. A tad unfair.

We defended poorly for 2 goals and conceded for both of them I’m never going to be happy with that. I’ve also said there’s no shame losing to them and there’s big positives in the loss so I’m not sure I’m moaning.
I think theres a difference between defending poorly and getting unlucky. its easy to sit an criticise goals against you can do it with every single goal an to do it after a game where we defended well is just inflammatory and wrong imo

Michael Oliver looked star struck with the city players , any slight nudge from ours they got a free kick.
Yet they went through the back of Allan , Richarlison & Gomes twice on each player ....woukdnt even look at it.
Richarlison's shot that hits Dias's arm is a pen in any other game , they are the rules.

Mina MOTM for me could have been Godfrey apart from lack of awareness for Gundogan's goal.

Good effort blues....City will likely win everything this season...we hung in there for most of the game and with a bit of luck could have pulled off a result...but jeez they're bring on Debruyne and Mahrez to inject even more quality into their team as we start to tire...
I agree with you there mate.
We have a lot of injuries as well as the difference in quality. Hopefully we can bridge a gap in the summer
Pleased for the young goalie though. He didn’t deserve to concede 2 goals tonight but well played him.

Status
Not open for further replies.