Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great effort but feel we should have went for it a bit more in the last twenty minutes, city are too good. Virginia Godfrey and Gomes brilliant. Gotta give everything to get top seven now. If we miss Europe this season will be very gutting

I thought we played well tonight against probably the best team in Europe
Ball retention wasn’t great at times but we lack genuine pace on the wings to try and stretch city but we all know that.
Defensively we were excellent and 2-0 was unjust.
Thought the keeper, Mina, Godfrey, Gomes and DCL were excellent
Shame really

Good effort blues....City will likely win everything this season...we hung in there for most of the game and with a bit of luck could have pulled off a result...but jeez they're bring on Debruyne and Mahrez to inject even more quality into their team as we start to tire...

Playing Man City is farcical. They are so financially doped, everyone is reduced to giving up the ball and praying for a breakaway goal.

Unsure about that pal his foot was head high, okay he pulled out, but the damage was done, it put Mina off his header and that then becomes a foul.
I know VAR is a joke and biased etc but I truly believe it would have ruled the goal out if there was anything in it.

Either way no shame losing to that lot and we showed some big positives in the loss

We played well, the keeper did a good job and made the saves, ultimately they just reacted quicker than we did for the goal. That and the fact they had De Bruyne on the bench.....

Spirited effort but ultimately fell short again,we definitely need to beef up our bench, injuries/suspensions will always happen,but we look so limited currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.