Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
City fan in peace here!

I'm gonna be heading off from Mcr to Goodison around 4pm, can't wait. I usually hate going to Liverpool as historically we've always been terrible on merseyside. Recently we've had better look a Goodison which has made for a more enjoyable set of away days.

I'm really unsure about tonight. I'm confident we'll get a decent result but who knows, you're overdue a win against us and we've not played well since the first few games of the season. Aguero being back is huge for us, he's had a couple of games to get 100% now, scored against Watford the other day so it's most likely he'll bag tonight. Bony being injured is great as well as it means we'll probably see Iheanacho who's been excellent so far this season. We'll have the mangaler at the back with Ottamendi, they're terrible together (despite partnering each other at Porto) and I'd imagine Clichy will make his first appearance in months at LB. Sagna has RB locked down, it's scary to think he's keeping Zabaleta out of the team atm. If I was a betting man I'd have a tenner on both teams to score.

Don't be dissapointed about the no shows tonight, we've got a similar issue for our home game. Apparently paying an extra £20 to watch you a week before in the league is more attractive than a semi final... go figure that one out! It'll be our 4th semi in this competition in recent years. We've only sold one out against the rags. But regardless of who wins this semi, I'm sure both teams will suddenly be flooded with demand to go to wembley, you'll all hear cries of, well I've been a Blue for 30+ years so I deserve to go despite not bothering to show up to a game in this competition for the past decade.

I'm hoping we win 10-0 tonight so you scouse so and so's don't turn up in our home leg - apparently City thought it would be funny to sell 8,000 tickets to you lot above us - I'm gonna be wearing a helmet and will make sure to bring a coin purse.

As for the people slating us, calling us a 3rd division team and so on; I'll cast a thought your way when I'm pissed out my face in May after winning our third title in 5 years! ;)

Finally, on a side note, I've done a lot with Dave Kelly and the Blue Union in regards to the £20's Plenty campaign, he's a great guy and has made me more fond of your club! The work he's put in for the FSF has helped push Everton further forward than most other clubs so good on him and anyone else involved!

Condescending, much.

As for the rest, hope we smash you too. We really need Goodison rocking tonight, if it is we should get a result. Just wish it wasn't 2 legs.

City fan in peace here!

I'm gonna be heading off from Mcr to Goodison around 4pm, can't wait. I usually hate going to Liverpool as historically we've always been terrible on merseyside. Recently we've had better look a Goodison which has made for a more enjoyable set of away days.

I'm really unsure about tonight. I'm confident we'll get a decent result but who knows, you're overdue a win against us and we've not played well since the first few games of the season. Aguero being back is huge for us, he's had a couple of games to get 100% now, scored against Watford the other day so it's most likely he'll bag tonight. Bony being injured is great as well as it means we'll probably see Iheanacho who's been excellent so far this season. We'll have the mangaler at the back with Ottamendi, they're terrible together (despite partnering each other at Porto) and I'd imagine Clichy will make his first appearance in months at LB. Sagna has RB locked down, it's scary to think he's keeping Zabaleta out of the team atm. If I was a betting man I'd have a tenner on both teams to score.

Don't be dissapointed about the no shows tonight, we've got a similar issue for our home game. Apparently paying an extra £20 to watch you a week before in the league is more attractive than a semi final... go figure that one out! It'll be our 4th semi in this competition in recent years. We've only sold one out against the rags. But regardless of who wins this semi, I'm sure both teams will suddenly be flooded with demand to go to wembley, you'll all hear cries of, well I've been a Blue for 30+ years so I deserve to go despite not bothering to show up to a game in this competition for the past decade.

I'm hoping we win 10-0 tonight so you scouse so and so's don't turn up in our home leg - apparently City thought it would be funny to sell 8,000 tickets to you lot above us - I'm gonna be wearing a helmet and will make sure to bring a coin purse.

As for the people slating us, calling us a 3rd division team and so on; I'll cast a thought your way when I'm pissed out my face in May after winning our third title in 5 years! ;)

Finally, on a side note, I've done a lot with Dave Kelly and the Blue Union in regards to the £20's Plenty campaign, he's a great guy and has made me more fond of your club! The work he's put in for the FSF has helped push Everton further forward than most other clubs so good on him and anyone else involved!

I called you a second division team, not 3rd. Keep up ffs

Anyway have fun tonight. And by fun I mean a miserable return tip to Manchester on the back of a 3-0 defeat!

Apologies, it was said in jest. My point is that 'Sheik Teasing' doesn't bother a single City fan I know. We've sold our soul to the devil and I love it....

At this point, don't think any of us would moan either. Ah well, good luck(or not) anyway.

I called you a second division team, not 3rd. Keep up ffs

Anyway have fun tonight. And by fun I mean a miserable return tip to Manchester on the back of a 3-0 defeat!

I don't know which division is which anymore. They might as well rename the conference La Liga. League 2 could be the superbowl. I'm sure it would attract a bigger international audience. :hayee:

I don't know which division is which anymore. They might as well rename the conference La Liga. League 2 could be the superbowl. I'm sure it would attract a bigger international audience. :hayee:

Think it'll be a really close game tonight, and better quality than the tosh that was on show last night!

I'm weirdly confident about tonight. If we can keep the same intensity that we had in the last half hour or so against Spurs I think we can cause you some real problems.

Besic needs to play, IMO. He's the only player we have fit at the moment (and maybe the only one full stop) who can fully nullify Toure. Silva is top-class (the second best in the Prem behind Aguero, IMO) but he has no real pace - and I trust Barry to be able to keep an eye on him.

It's vital we take a lead to your place - could do with Lukaku being in top form tonight and embarrass your defence!

Is right captain. I'm re
FB_IMG_1452087842529.jpg
ady and wearing my everton kit since the morning. My flat will be rocking. Just for you, Everton FC. All together now.

Come on lads, let's get behind the team, this is a massive game, a massive chance to get to wembley for a final, lets make goodison rocking and intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.