Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked a lot more solid, be that Besic in the middle or even the extra confidence a goalie who can come off his line gives. Top performance and could've been a lot more.

Decent result to take to their place for the the 2nd half. I wouldn't worry too much about the away goal as we are more than capable of cancelling it out. Much better 2nd half performance overall.

Just hope the Lukaku injury doesn't put a dampener on it if he is going to be out for a while.

typical everton 2-1
I'm happy to eat my own words in cases like that, mate! I've said it before and I'm more than happy to say it in the final as well, if this is the same turnout lol

But it is the most Everton thing to do, regardless of the final score - a guy who hasn't scored in a million games is nailed on to score against us ffs.

....settle for that, perhaps there were more goals but we played like the game was more important for us. Besic was good, so was Mori but Barry was tremendous.

Yeah first 15 minutes I guess we waited for what their gameplay was.

I don't get why we can get it so right at times, but so bad other times.

qRNRNiCX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.