Votes: 107 34.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 43 13.7%
  • GET DEN PERRY OUT

Votes: 163 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's amazing how much damage one person can do to the reputation of an entire football club.

Those images of that gentleman punching that Lyon player with a baby in his arms has been broadcast across the nation and across the world. And it's provoked outrage and condemnation from hundreds of thousands of football fans.

And on various forums I've seen the usual "Scousers are all drunken scum." and "Everton FC are the shame of English football." etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a punch is a closed hand action is it not? All I saw was an open hand slap from the gent with a baby in tow trying to slap a few players on their bald heads

It took a brawl between the players to get us going which isn't very encouraging. We then equalised, nearly manage to go ahead but inevitably concede after giving the ball away sloppily. The amount of individual errors and the lack of quality is beyond a joke. I've tried to keep faith with Koeman but it's hard to see how he comes back from the brink to keep his job at this point.
That's exactly the way I saw it, only really displayed any fight because of the brawl. This team is not well drilled the players don't know what they are doing and most of all they look like they are playing with fear. How he was appointed I don't know, the fact that he hasn't been sacked yet is a disgrace.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a punch is a closed hand action is it not? All I saw was an open hand slap from the gent with a baby in tow trying to slap a few players on their bald heads

You're playing with semantics. It won't change the fact that the majority of people who witnessed that will see it as atrocious behaviour, and rightly so.

Semantics are important if the media are going to say a fan punched a player and publish it when it's false

Ok...... whatever happened to the 'edit' function on posts?..... i see now that i misunderstood your response to gorgeousgeorgeEFC and that the discussion wasn't concerning Ashley..... nevertheless, although i didn't see it myself, the guy in the crowd was surely a fool to have lashed out at all, regardless of whether it was a slap or a punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.