Everton vs. Leyton Orient - Capital One Cup Round 2 - Wednesday 29th Aug 7:45KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton VS Leyton Orient

Everton V Leyton Orient - Capital One Cup

Everton begins, what will hopefully be a long run in the Capital One Cup against League 1 side Leyton Orient at Goodison Park on Wednesday night. This 2nd round fixture pits two sides that have had polar opposite starts to the season with Everton having started the season in brilliant form defeating Manchester United 1-0 and Aston Villa 3-1 on the weekend, whereas the visitors have endured a tough start which has seen them lose both of their games this season. However, in the 1st round they managed to knock off Championship side Charlton Athletic 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Vital Quotes:

Everton assistant Steven Round highlighted that Everton will be taking the Capital One Cup seriously saying

'It's a very important competition for us and you will see that from the squad we select. It will be a strong team, it's an opportunity for Everton to win some silverware and qualify for Europe, so it's something we will take seriously. It's a competition we have probably not done as well as we should have done in. Hopefully that will change this season.'

Jamie Jones, a lifelong Evertonian, who spent 12 years at the club as a youngster and currently the O's keeper spoke about the excitement about facing the club he loves saying

'I will be emotional when it has sunk in that I'm playing at Goodison Park in front of the Everton fans and against the team I played for, for such a long time. It's just going to be an unbelievable experience the moment I walk out of the tunnel and there will be thousands of brilliant loyal supporters there going to watch the game. Of course I can't let that get to me and all professionals can switch on and switch off like that. I'll have to switch on into the game and do the best I can for Orient because that's who I play for.'

Everton Team News:

Everton has more or less a fully fit squad to choose from, with the exception being Tony Hibbert who missed the Villa game through injury, and given the opposition and the competition will most likely be rested for the match. Everton manager will most likely have one eye on the West Brom fixture on the weekend and make sure they maintain the 100% record in the league and will be tempted to rest some of his stars for the match. Expect new signings Steven Naismith and Kevin Mirallas to make their home debuts and see some of the reserve players get a run out.

Possible Starting XI: Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Duffy, Coleman, Osman, Junior, Mirallas, Naismith, Barkley, Anichebe

Player to watch: Kevin Mirallas

The talented Belgian is set to make his home debut for the club following his 5.3mil move from Olympiakos. After making a 15min cameo against Aston Villa, the home fans will be eagerly waiting to see how he performs. The attacker has all the attributes to be a top player, the player has pace that causes trouble for defenders, technically is very good, has an eye for goal and is both footed.

Alright lids.

Dosey idiot here forgot to get tickets. What time can I get them til? Can I get them at about 7 or is there a limit?

That possible starting line up will be far from it I reckon, hope we batter these and stay fresh for saturday

Anyone got a stream for the game? I've been working in America for the summer and have been able to get the villa and utd games on my laptop but cant seem to find anything for this

Lisbie played for Charlton and once scored a hat-trick against your cross-town rivals...

Mate, any info on the name? The 'Orient' suffix seems very unique; unless the East London place you hail from is actually called Leyton Orient, and not just Leyton. As you can tell I'm no expert haha - but I do love a bit of trivia.

Enlighten me, would you please? (if you haven't already left yet)

Mate, any info on the name? The 'Orient' suffix seems very unique; unless the East London place you hail from is actually called Leyton Orient, and not just Leyton. As you can tell I'm no expert haha - but I do love a bit of trivia.

Enlighten me, would you please? (if you haven't already left yet)

Here's a bit of trivia for you.... there is no such thing as "very unique" unique is an absolute value!

Status
Not open for further replies.