Everton Vs Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, sorry if there is a similar thread...

But on paper, do the 'mighty' Leicester have a better team than us?

I wouldn't say no to Maguire, and think we should've signed him ahead of Keane, I wouldn't say no to Maddison, and think we should've signed him ahead of Klasson, and I wouldn't say no to Vardy, who is the Lukaku we never replaced... But yet, they're no better than us... However, my question, unfortunately at this moment, is are we actually a better team on paper, than them?

No.

I'd say 50-50 tbh, I like Chilwell/Pereira/Ndidi, Also don't see what this thread aims to achieve.
Maguire is awful, World cup wonder.

Stoke then?

Ha, I think you missed my point, Stoke are clearly a terrible team, that did well to last so long in the PL... We're a team that has mostly disappointed during our PL days, barr the Moyes era, but if we'd of made the right decisions, at the right time, ie brought in a manager a la Claudio, after Moyes, would we not have progressed more as a club, instead of being static after 3/4 managers and years later...

leicester have some good young players

in 5-10 years they could be a force if they can keep hold of the likes of chilwell, gray, iheanacho, maddison, pereira, maguire, amartey, barnes, ndidi, choudhoury and ghezzal

Exactly my point ... So is Leicester our level of comparison these days ? Not the Man U's or Man C's... !

I dunno, there isnt another team like Everton in the league, we are quite unique, we dont get relegated, we dont qualify for the CL and we dont win trophies, cant think of any other team that we share those traits with.

I mean we used to have our best of the rest tag, but we cant even say that anymore.

And we havent compared to United for a long time or City for that matter, from my memory we never really competed with those clubs for trophies.

When we were winning Titles in the 80s United were poopoo, yes we played them in a cup final, but that was quite rare for them back then.

leicester have some good young players

in 5-10 years they could be a force if they can keep hold of the likes of chilwell, gray, iheanacho, maddison, pereira, maguire, amartey, barnes, ndidi, choudhoury and ghezzal

Okay, so if in a Fantasy Football scenario, and you could play the 'Wild Card'... Would you swap their squad for ours?

I dunno, there isnt another team like Everton in the league, we are quite unique, we dont get relegated, we dont qualify for the CL and we dont win trophies, cant think of any other team that we share those traits with.

I mean we used to have our best of the rest tag, but we cant even say that anymore.

And we havent compared to United for a long time or City for that matter, from my memory we never really competed with those clubs for trophies.

When we were winning Titles in the 80s United were poopoo, yes we played them in a cup final, but that was quite rare for them back then.

Exactly mate! We don't compare to anyone else in the league ... Yet Leicester won the effing PL two years ago! Yet they've regressed, and we've remained stagnant and now we're probably at the same levels in terms of squad and current aspirations... So would you prefer their squad or ours?

Exactly mate! We don't compare to anyone else in the league ... Yet Leicester won the effing PL two years ago! Yet they've regressed, and we've remained stagnant and now we're probably at the same levels in terms of squad and current aspirations... So would you prefer their squad or ours?

Anybody but Cardiff and Huddersfields.

Status
Not open for further replies.