Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent performance, my notes;

Team - We still need to have more ideas in the final third, but today a vast improvement taking chances that did come.

Pickford - little to do, calmed it down at the right times too.
Coleman - Possibly his best defensive performance in an Everton shirt. He offered little in attack, but was clearly instructed to keep Zaha out of the game, which he did. Some feat at his age and Zaha's quick feet.
Coady & Tarkowski, both excellent.
Mykolenko - Same as Coleman for me, offered very little on attack (props to his clean strike on the goal) but defensively was solid.

Gana and Onana - both looked more comfortable with the set role of sitting deeper, both stead 7/8 out of 10s.

Iwobi - Exceptional, again. Work rate, tidy feet, when he is confident, he is excellent. Doesnt seem to be letting the times when it doesnt work stop him from trying things, which i think in the past it has.

Gordon - work rate absolutely excellent, needs more end product on his crosses.
Gray - Thought he worked hard but his lack of football intelligence really let him down, the one where he didnt look up at all to see Iwobi wide open entering the box was infuriating. The only real critiqie of a player I have to give today.

DCL - More like it. Absolutely sensational touch for his goal, took it well, nothing fancy. Fought for everything, some really good touches, won fouls.

SIDE NOTE:

Didnt think the ref was biased, just thought he was outright incompetetant. Some of the things he missed. Myko clearly shoved a guy on the touchline infront of us in the Bullens and he gave us the throw in.

Absolutely disagraceful refereeing, the whole melee after half-time doesnt happen if he has control of hte game from the first game. An absolutely terrible refereeing performance.

Tarks was close for motm for me, as you said great team performance. Prince Iwobi just edges it. I feel embarrassed for all the negative [Poor language removed] I thought and said about you. Long may you prove us wrong
Tarkowski's tackle was imperious and epitomised a very, very good performance. His upper body strength is remarkable too - the human bulldozer.

What's fantastic is that so many of the lads put in good performances today.

Except the referee was correct in law with both drop ball restarts after injuries.

Not "an absolute abomination.", or "elbow headed clown", or "ludicrous drop ball situations", or "beyond logic and impartial officiating".

Won't argue with the other points cause they're opinions but it makes you look a tit when you moan about the ref getting things wrong, then moan about him getting things right when you were wrong.
Garbage

Every one gets a prize today.
Iwobi back on. Tarkowski for attitude. Pickford for command. Seamus for pushing back the years. Gordo calm finish. But for me Dom, finally back of the net.

Excellent performance, my notes;

Team - We still need to have more ideas in the final third, but today a vast improvement taking chances that did come.

Pickford - little to do, calmed it down at the right times too.
Coleman - Possibly his best defensive performance in an Everton shirt. He offered little in attack, but was clearly instructed to keep Zaha out of the game, which he did. Some feat at his age and Zaha's quick feet.
Coady & Tarkowski, both excellent.
Mykolenko - Same as Coleman for me, offered very little on attack (props to his clean strike on the goal) but defensively was solid.

Gana and Onana - both looked more comfortable with the set role of sitting deeper, both stead 7/8 out of 10s.

Iwobi - Exceptional, again. Work rate, tidy feet, when he is confident, he is excellent. Doesnt seem to be letting the times when it doesnt work stop him from trying things, which i think in the past it has.

Gordon - work rate absolutely excellent, needs more end product on his crosses.
Gray - Thought he worked hard but his lack of football intelligence really let him down, the one where he didnt look up at all to see Iwobi wide open entering the box was infuriating. The only real critiqie of a player I have to give today.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin - More like it. Absolutely sensational touch for his goal, took it well, nothing fancy. Fought for everything, some really good touches, won fouls.

SIDE NOTE:

Didnt think the ref was biased, just thought he was outright incompetetant. Some of the things he missed. Myko clearly shoved a guy on the touchline infront of us in the Bullens and he gave us the throw in.

Absolutely disagraceful refereeing, the whole melee after half-time doesnt happen if he has control of hte game from the first game. An absolutely terrible refereeing performance.
Thanks.?
I wasn’t able to watch unfortunately but a lot of positives by the sounds of it.?

Real shape to us today, excellent at the back, excellent in midfield and a threat up front,Tarkowski for me today,leads by example but it could have been five or six others.

Thanks.?
I wasn’t able to watch unfortunately but a lot of positives by the sounds of it.?
Not getting carried away, there are still questions over the front three, but if we play like today, at least in effort and team shape/discipline, we will be fine.

Midfield/Attack did sensationally well at stopping their technically gifted players such as Olise, Eze and Zaha getting on the ball and being creative.

Not getting carried away, there are still questions over the front three, but if we play like today, at least in effort and team shape/discipline, we will be fine.

Midfield/Attack did sensationally well at stopping their technically gifted players such as Olise, Eze and Zaha getting on the ball and being creative.
If we can just not be involved in a relegation fight I’ll take that…
We are a work in progress and that’s the next thing that needs to be worked on.
I’m happy!?

If we can just not be involved in a relegation fight I’ll take that…
We are a work in progress and that’s the next thing that needs to be worked on.
I’m happy!?
also all three goals were excellent pieces of play.

1. DCL great effort to win the ball back and Iwobi's smart feet, before DCL great individual moment.
2. 10 out of 11 players touched the ball before the ball crossed the line.
3. Mcneill Solo run with a 1-2 from Iwobi (incredible awareness) gives him a tap in

Even teh most pessimistic of blue in me is really pleased with what i saw today.

DaveK will still no doubt hate everything and anyone in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.