Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another goal given away as a result of a stupid mistake. Don't put your hands on a player in the box.

I'm liking Gordon in this game, but he is definitely not a central striker and he holds onto the ball too long.

Not out of it yet, come on boys

Trouble with that new five sub rule, teams won't want to loan strikers out because they can always use them as a last ten option when chasing a game.
True, more thinking a youngster who is pushing for game time but not getting it. Don't ask me who. Still astonished Lukaku was ever serially loaned out, so in my wee fantasy land i hold out hope. Different terrain now, though.

First Half Summary:

• Difficult to watch Godfrey go down like that, looks like a very serious one. Liner should’ve flagged as the ball was clearly already out. Holgate has actually done pretty well stepping in to replace Godfrey.

• We look solid defensively both from open play and (dare I say it) corners.

• Gray has been poor when we’ve got into good positions; however, tactics have been spot on with us looking to use his & Gordon’s pace on the counter.

• Tarkowski looking good in both boxes and I can see a handful of goals for him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.