Everton Vs Celta Vigo 06/08/14 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
decent warm up that, good to see the lads looking fit to be fair, would be more worried if we were chasing shadows for 90 mins as opposed to the many mistakes we made in the first half (more than we probably managed in the whole of last season).

the difference between the two teams if we're being honest was hibbert, nolito was annonymous 2nd half. naismith had a shocker to be fair to the lad.

who was the ref, hope he's not soon to be a prem ref, utterly woeful.

So, we got punished by 2 individual mistakes and a flukey goal, all finished by a freakishly good on the night Nolito. Second half we could've had about 6 goals, but all shots went in the post or just wide, so basically finishing let us down.

Not arsed, preseason, we looked shaky first half, then stepped it up a lot in the second. Hibbert's poo and costs us goals, and Celta are a decent side. Good run out, decent game, no one's out injured - win-win situation.

Much better 2nd half.

What was that though in the 1st half?

Anyway, not bothered by the result, means nothing. However the only thing I can take from this game is that Hibbert is not good enough anymore.

much better second half ... I thought besic and Gibson did very well. browning did ok too. just all round better play.
but come on lets not kid ourselves any longer on this matter , Naismith is a terrible player. he would struggle at Blackburn.

besic looks the real deal so far, so many attributes, browning did really well i thought, especially given he was out of position, got forward well. mcgeady was a plus point as well, will work quite well with our full backs bombing on you'd think

...hibbert out

We were the better team second half, however, it would be fairly depressing if we weren't against a side who played last night.

1st half utter shamble, 2nd half looked a bit more controlled, was quietly impressed with Duffy and Browning, Besic is gonna be a hero, gibbo looked better as the half went on and Joel actually looked OK for a change, thats about it for the positives havent got long enough for the negatives

Much better second half. Stones looked good at RB, besic class and Gibson influencing play.

I'm not a hibbert basher but my god he can't be anywhere near this team surely

Overall I have to say that wasn't a bad game. Badly caught out in the first half by the speed in which Celta Vigo exploited the space though, particularly on our right hand side. We were a lot better in the second half and would've bagged at least a couple with better finishing.

Not too disappointed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.