Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Man Utd v West Ham and both sides are streets ahead of Everton. Could only admire the attaching play of both sides once West Ham abandoned their first half stalling tactics. Well done Moyes. If West Ham do nor renew his contract they will be crazy.
west ham went there for a 0-0 and didnt even have a shot till i think after man utd scored and that would have not changed till very late if 0-0 or till what happened-they should have went there trying to win as they had nothing to lose

Watched Man Utd v West Ham and both sides are streets ahead of Everton. Could only admire the attaching play of both sides once West Ham abandoned their first half stalling tactics. Well done Moyes. If West Ham do nor renew his contract they will be crazy.

They weren’t streets ahead of us when we smashed them 4-1 at Goodison in the cup earlier in the season when we had all our better players available and on form.

As above our team has just been hampered by injuries and it’s completely altered the way we play. If we had most of that team that was available earlier in the season for 90% of the games this season we wouldn’t be in such a mess (playing wise)

The last last time we had all them players available playing in the same game was Liverpool at home in October.

As bad a result as it was yesterday in the grand scheme of things we are still right amongst it with the West Ham , Spurs & even Chelsea results.
If Wolves do the honours agst the RS thar would be even better.
So , still in a very good position going into the run in ( of course it could & should have been better )
Next up City in a big quarter final.
Then Palace , Brighton & hopefully Spurs like today.
I'm pretty sure we'ed have all took that before a ball was kicked this season.

What happened was we lost Coleman to a hamstring injury mid way through the derby, we then lost Richarlison for 3 games due to suspension, James picked up a knock in the derby and struggled, eventually missing a few games, Allan did his hamstring, Richy came back and did damage to his ankle. Godfrey was having to be used as a right back. Then we lost Digne to an ankle injury in training which kept him out for a month and a half. Which meant no proper full backs Holgate, Iwobi and Godfrey playing there. Allan came back and after 3 games got injured and missed 3 months. Coleman came back and gets injured again. James in and out again with calf injury. Coleman comes back and picks up injury against City, centre half back to fullback. James again in and out with injuries missing the last 5 games now.

That’s pretty much what put an end to the tantalising football we had earlier on in the season. If that covers it lol
Yeap and with all the congestion its a season that demands a good squad. We haven't one.

Thing that annoys me if you pull it back to 2-1 early in the first half. You should either come back or lose 3-2 trying. To just have it play out 2-1 is so regrettable.

If DCL had scored that sitter in the first 5 minutes of the half, it would have been a different game.

As it turned out, the last 20 minutes were pretty appalling. I don't think we put any pressure on them at all bar a couple of corners. There was no urgency as usual and far too much backwards passing. They should have been embarrassed at the lack of effort to push forward.

If DCL had scored that sitter in the first 5 minutes of the half, it would have been a different game.

As it turned out, the last 20 minutes were pretty appalling. I don't think we put any pressure on them at all bar a couple of corners. There was no urgency as usual and far too much backwards passing. They should have been embarrassed at the lack of effort to push forward.

Yes. But why oh why could we not create more chances?

You have to admit that even when we face a seemingly winnable game , Everton manage to support the bedwetting cryarses every time. The club is great in terms of the physical community around goodison but during the pandemic we have excelled and reached out to the online community to support as much bitchy whining as possible.

Was that the 1 that came off his shoulder or over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.