Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it as if he was talking about the Nigeria management playing him in his preferred position more than about Carlo. What he said was:
'Always an honour to get called up for my national team, hopefully I get to play in my preferred position'
He has been guilty a little of using a crutch of homesickness to explain his dire football at Everton. I will be interested to see him playing for his home country as one would expect no homesickness issues should arise. Mind you, I spent some time in Nigeria a whiles back...couldn’t wait to get out of the place lol

He has been guilty a little of using a crutch of homesickness to explain his dire football at Everton. I will be interested to see him playing for his home country as one would expect no homesickness issues should arise. Mind you, I spent some time in Nigeria a whiles back...couldn’t wait to get out of the place lol
I've been there quite a few times. Great people individually but as a nation..........................................no thanks.

The point I am trying to make is I hate the way Ancelotti plays his football now and what happened to the way we played at the start of the season.

What happened was we lost Coleman to a hamstring injury mid way through the derby, we then lost Richarlison for 3 games due to suspension, James picked up a knock in the derby and struggled, eventually missing a few games, Allan did his hamstring, Richy came back and did damage to his ankle. Godfrey was having to be used as a right back. Then we lost Digne to an ankle injury in training which kept him out for a month and a half. Which meant no proper full backs Holgate, Iwobi and Godfrey playing there. Allan came back and after 3 games got injured and missed 3 months. Coleman came back and gets injured again. James in and out again with calf injury. Coleman comes back and picks up injury against City, centre half back to fullback. James again in and out with injuries missing the last 5 games now.

That’s pretty much what put an end to the tantalising football we had earlier on in the season. If that covers it lol

What happened was we lost Coleman to a hamstring injury mid way through the derby, we then lost Richarlison for 3 games due to suspension, James picked up a knock in the derby and struggled, eventually missing a few games, Allan did his hamstring, Richy came back and did damage to his ankle. Godfrey was having to be used as a right back. Then we lost Digne to an ankle injury in training which kept him out for a month and a half. Which meant no proper full backs Holgate, Iwobi and Godfrey playing there. Allan came back and after 3 games got injured and missed 3 months. Coleman came back and gets injured again. James in and out again with calf injury. Coleman comes back and picks up injury against City, centre half back to fullback. James again in and out with injuries missing the last 5 games now.

That’s pretty much what put an end to the tantalising football we had earlier on in the season. If that covers it lol
That can't be right, the only side hampered by injury this season are the rs aren't they? :confused:lol

He had Allan who was fit, Doucoure and Rodriguez then. Our midfield is really abysmal.

Substance over style all day.

Pragmatism over idealists like Martinez/Silva all day.
Too often in football pragmatism becomes synonymous with ultra defensive tactics but I feel real pragmatism is versatile. Wouldn't it be more pragmatic to employ a greater emphasis on attacking against lesser teams? It seems we resort to ultra defensive tactics out of desperation than what's rational.

Exactly! I don’t understand why some question Ancelotti?? He needs time to get the players he wants and to remove the players who are clearly not up to it.....not his fault they are there in great numbers. Also, some on here going off on one every time Everton lose need to understand that the league is different these days. Gone are the days when you could guarantee 3 points depending on the opponent. Every game is difficult whoever you play

Watched Man Utd v West Ham and both sides are streets ahead of Everton. Could only admire the attaching play of both sides once West Ham abandoned their first half stalling tactics. Well done Moyes. If West Ham do nor renew his contract they will be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.