Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf the default mode always seems to be backwards with almost every one of these players. Corner, ball bounces to Gomes, passes it to Allan on the halfway line and, with absolutely no pressure from Burnley, goes back to Virginia. "When in doubt give it to the keeper to get as far away from our goal as possible" seems to be the instructions.

No other team in the league would carry the absolute wasteman. I include Sheff Utd and West Brom in that.

No other team in the league would carry the absolute wasteman. I include Sheff Utd and West Brom in that.
The thing that makes me do the whole "brain explodes" thing is that he was literally the player who was dribbled past the most in the league last year. If someone is literally the bottom of a list that is an important thing to note for their position, shouldn't they be improved upon massively? We never replaced him, we just brought in Allan and Doucoure to help hide his limitation. Which is still there. Blatantly.

This club hasn`t changed one bit, a second bottom 10 placing incoming. 2nd successive by CA....

Bear in mind Moyes, Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce finished top 8. Beginning to think that some certain Italian is a fraud and only here for a final pay day! Prove me wrong, I have so much ammo!
Have you got next week’s lotto numbers, seeing as how you can see two months into the future and all?

Exactly- I'm made up with our away form, but the style of play and such poor numbers of shots against terrible opposition at home, is deeply worrying. If we got into Europe, we have a good chance at some savvy recruitment and strengthening. We don't get it, I doubt we will get the opportunity next year, and may lose players.

I have been saying thus for a while , we may have been getting results recently but our performances have not been good for a very long time . Pretty much since the opening 7 games

I’m guessing all of the negative nobheads in here have decided to completely dismiss our injuries then? No team copes with that.

we are exactly where we should be. there is nothing wrong with dreaming, but we are what we are.

brands need to deliver if we're going to move forward.

This club hasn`t changed one bit, a second bottom 10 placing incoming. 2nd successive by CA....

Bear in mind Moyes, Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce finished top 8. Beginning to think that some certain Italian is a fraud and only here for a final pay day! Prove me wrong, I have so much ammo!

Why would Ancelotti need the money?

Go head then!
Too many instant success people these days!

Oh well Here goes ready for the wrath of the many but I feel that I must take our manager to task
over his handling of todays game. From very early on itwas obvious Holgate was not comfortable in his play and was an increasing liabilty both defensivley and going forward yet the manager allowed that to continue until late in the second half, Why?????
when he decided to make a substitutuion he took off the only player who was attemptimng to move the ball forward and brought on a striker who because of Davies being substituted had little or no chance of receiving the ball in ann attacking situation. Why???? only my opinion of course but I believe Carlos was a much to blame as anone else for todays defeat

It's what it is. Should be no surprise to anybody, we know this team just isn't good enough. Too many weak links.

There's only so far some good defensive performances can get you, if your midfielders and forwards cannot keep the ball, you'll never get into the top 6, let alone the top 4.

Just pray to whoever that we get some fast, creative and skilful players in the summer.
Yes still some deadwood left from before Carlos time, also I hope they get players that are less injury prone, no point being here not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.