Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the Sean Dyche P/C

Dyche on experience of battling the drop​

We are virtually always talked about being in the bottom end of the league, sometimes that is factual
We look for our group to deliver performances, the one game at time mentality is important too
A big part of the rest of the season will be the strength of the squad and we hope the extra week on top of the international week will give us a chance to get everyone fit and that will give us a better chance going forwards

Dyche on Everton​

The manager seems to be getting his view across
I don't think anyone has questioned Everton on their talent or putting a team together but it looks to me that they are becoming more effective.
Generally speaking I think they are a good outfit and I think it will be nothing other than a tough ask.
I think they have talent and organisation, they have a class act in their manager.

Dyche on Ancelotti​

I have only met him a couple of times and he has always spoken openly and wisely.
I think he is a class act
I always try and spend even just a minute with these guys who have achieved so much in the game
He is finding a way and moulding to move up the table.

Dyche on abuse of Erik Pieters on social media​

He's fine so that is not a problem
The idea of social media and governance of it is far beyond my world so there must e powers that be that look into that side of things I imagine.
Seemingly, unless it is just getting publicity, it is growing - some of the negative side of social media.
I can only assume that the current powers that be are looking into that but I don't know.
I haven't got an opinion and to reiterate I am not against social media, not remotely, my kids use some, not a lot.
If people are looking at the governance of it to make it a bit more user friendly or whatever the word is then that can only be a good thing.

Dyche on Dwight McNeil's England U21 squad chances for Euro 2021​

He has been in and around it, I think there was one squad he didn't get involved with which was a bit of a surprise but he is a regular in the Premier League and that has to stand you in good stead
All the different challenges as you mature as a player are important, at all stages of your career actually, but particularly when you are younger.
It can only be a good thing for him experience wise to be involved in these things.

Dyche on the Premier League seeking suggestions for VAR improvements​

All managers are looking for parity and there is not enough of that at the moment.
I cried it in somewhat on Matej Vydra and a tackle on him but it is contact and it does take his foot from the ball and he gets nothing for it.
I have seen penalties, and I have spoken about this, where you touch their shoulders and the legs buckle and that gets given.
When you are thinking of super balanced and powerful athletes who get their shoulder touched and fall on the floor, I would be surprised if you touched their shoulder waiting at a bus stop, if you were allowed to with distancing, if they fell on the floor then. But apparently that is deemed enough.
We only want parity and all managers are looking for a level playing field with decisions.

Will be a tough game. Hopefully James will be fit as we need that bit of magic to unlock defences. Burnley will be happy if we’re just firing crosses in all day. A few through balls would do the trick.

We'll need to battle for a win. They get the ball forward quickly and have two powerful forwards that are good in the air and will test are CBs. Will need a midfield that is strong with Allan, Davies and Doucoure, if fit, starting.

We'll need to battle for a win. They get the ball forward quickly and have two powerful forwards that are good in the air and will test are CBs. Will need a midfield that is strong with Allan, Davies and Doucoure, if fit, starting.
Sorry to break it to you. Doucoure is out rumoured for brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.