Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope we can go one better tonight -

1615648205645.png

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Allan Gomes
King DCL Rich

If Gylfi passes fitness I’d expect to see him in for King at the top of a narrow diamond in midfield.

Dcl should be able dominate these

Tarkowski is very good in the air so wouldn’t expect Dom to be as dominant in that department today. If we just stand there whipping high crosses in they’ll just deal with that comfortably. We need to be looking at getting low crosses in behind their centre backs.

Tarkowski is very good in the air so wouldn’t expect Dom to be as dominant in that department today. If we just stand there whipping high crosses in they’ll just deal with that comfortably. We need to be looking at getting low crosses in behind their centre backs.
He can stand on his partner, Richarlison can dance round Tarkowski (tbf Tarks is v.v.good)

We should win this, goes without saying that we must defend set pieces well and win second balls. Stamp our authority on the game and play on our terms for a change.

Would also help if Chris Wood doesn't turn into his usual prime Drogba against us.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Allan Gomes
King DCL Rich

If Gylfi passes fitness I’d expect to see him in for King at the top of a narrow diamond in midfield.
Just don't think a diamond will be right v Burnley.

You need to stretch the pitch as much as possible, which means pace, not forcing everything into the centre and narrowing it all down.

The 4-3-3 (to me) or the 4-2-3-1 if Gylfi is fit, seems the best option.

Just don't think a diamond will be right v Burnley.

You need to stretch the pitch as much as possible, which means pace, not forcing everything into the centre and narrowing it all down.

The 4-3-3 (to me) or the 4-2-3-1 if Gylfi is fit, seems the best option.
Agreed there. I’d like to see a 4-3-3 with King or Iwobi stretching the pitch, but I’m expecting four central midfielders from Carlo today if Gylfi is fit.

For me with a depleted midfield v an average Burnley midfield a long ball game may be needed - & stop the slow build up tippy tappy nonsense as we have not got the skill set with injuries in that department just bombard them with long balls plus plenty of crosses at a faster rate up & at them approach -
COYB if we play the slow build up game it will suit Burnley imo....

Status
Not open for further replies.