• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Godfrey - Digne
Allan - Davies -Gomes
Sigurdsson
DCL -Richy
Only the Sigurdsson slot is in question, if he is not fit then its Bernard or Iwobi starting and the other coming on at the hour.
Mina saved for City although he too could be a 2nd half sub. Holgate on for Coleman late.

If we don't start winning these games against teams in the lower half of the league our season could end on a real downer. Its so tight for the European places that a run of poor results could see us finish outside the top seven which would be poor considering the great start we made. This will be tricky but hopefully we can grind out a win.

If Sigurdsson is available I’d go with a 4-3-1-2. Coleman RB, Godfrey & Keane CB, Digne LB, Holgate DM, Allan & Davies CM, Sigurdsson AM, Richy & DCL ST.
Yeah if Gylfi is fit to start then that changes things

I really don’t like the diamond, though

Chelsea drawing is good for us and a chance for us to put the teams around under some pressure if we win today. I feel it’ll be a tough game though. No Doucoure, Allan if he starts needs to get up to speed as I thought he was a bit off the pace on Monday, I’m not sure whether he was fully fit then, but hopefully he’s more up to speed for this one as I expect there to be plenty of scrappy 50:50s against these guys. I’d expect him and Davies to start in midfield given their the only fit central midfielders that can cover the ground well and get stuck in, though I do worry that Davies gets rash with his tackling and I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks up a yellow today if starts.

If we don't start winning these games against teams in the lower half of the league our season could end on a real downer. Its so tight for the European places that a run of poor results could see us finish outside the top seven which would be poor considering the great start we made. This will be tricky but hopefully we can grind out a win.
Need to start scoring more too. Our GD is lowest in the top 10.

Would be mad to. A player that has stunk the place out for 18 months is not deserving of starting in that vital position.
Not sure that’s true. He has had a consistent run of good games around the turn of the year. Not exactly world class but was effective.
Admittedly mainly at right back

Status
Not open for further replies.