Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were very impressive v Fulham. They pressed hard and scored in the first 3 or 4 minutes and it looked as though it'd
be a route.

It actually turned out to be quite competitive and they didn't run away with it. Brentford were the bettter team, but it'll be
different for them here and Everton are creating more chances now.

Three points will take off some of the pressure, and we could win if we keep up the improvement since Dyches came.

No matter how good Brentford were against Fulham this game is at Goodison. I still think home advantage is massive IF the home team deliver a half way decent performance.

The lads will need Goodison to be rocking for this one. Some of their players might get a little tetchy & nervous with the crowd on their back. Of course an early goal would help - preferably from DCL

Even if he has admitted the offence then to suggest that he shouldn't play until sentenced is both premature and prejudicial
How so?
Offenders plead guilty and are held in custody pending sentencing, often having time served taken into consideration when delivering said sentence?

How so?
Offenders plead guilty and are held in custody pending sentencing, often having time served taken into consideration when delivering said sentence?
As a lawyer, albeit retired, I can say that this only happens when a custodial sentence is inevitable.
Do we even know , apart from a couple of press reports, that he has admitted the offence? It is not a matter of public record as I understand it
FWIW I would also expect him to be banned but obviously he will want to have a mitigation hearing that might possibly involve mental health issues.

Not to disagree on the urgency but of those 4 the only one that seems out of reach realistically is at Old Trafford.

Well, we've not won at Chelsea since 1994 and it's pretty rare we even get a goal there so the best I'm hoping for there would be a point by some miracle.

Spurs at home under the lights I'm thinking we can get a result, we've drawn the last 3 at Goodison in the league but we won't get a sniff at Old Trafford.

Unfortunately, as much as the phrase is a bit cringe, Brentford is a 'must win'. If we don't, we're likely to become adrift.

We have to beat Brentford, and I'd take a point now from Spurs (H), Chelsea (A) and Man Utd (A).

As a lawyer, albeit retired, I can say that this only happens when a custodial sentence is inevitable.
Do we even know , apart from a couple of press reports, that he has admitted the offence? It is not a matter of public record as I understand it
FWIW I would also expect him to be banned but obviously he will want to have a mitigation hearing that might possibly involve mental health issues.
It is being widely reported that he has "accepted" breaking the betting ban, like another poster has said before, I only want the hearing expedited for biased reasons for Everton.

It is being widely reported that he has "accepted" breaking the betting ban, like another poster has said before, I only want the hearing expedited for biased reasons for Everton.
I don't believe that this matter is a criminal matter. The PL can ban him from taking part in matches but fair procedures must be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.