Match Thread Everton vs Brentford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 99 17.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 32 5.7%
  • James Tarkowski

Votes: 36 6.4%
  • Ben Godfrey

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Amadou Onana

• Dwight McNeil

Votes: 278 49.6%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 70 12.5%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Abdoulaye Doucouré

Votes: 17 3.0%
  • Demarai Gray

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Tom Davies '80

• Neal Maupay '86

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Vitalii Mykolenko '92

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa are a very different proposition attacking wise than Brentford. Villa have more sophistication in their attack.

The reason we've done well against Brentford even in the last 2 seasosns is that they're direct, and we have defenders who'll cope with that better than they will a savvy forward like Watkins and players like Buendia and Coutinho.

Horses for courses. We'll beat them in front of a packed Goodison.
He called the Leeds game right. Let's hope he's right again like

Looking at their front 3 last night they will cause us problems, not convinced Keane will cope. Definitely need Godfrey to play and would prefer Mina to Keane, need to get at them from the off. Maybe a back 3, 5 in midfield and Gray supporting DCL up top….

Pickford
Mina Tyks Godfrey
Coleman Onana Doucs Iwobi McNeil
DCL Gray

Brentford are probably due a defeat.

It's at home, and we have to want it far more than they do.

I'm sure it will be another tight, nervy game nonetheless but I'll stick my neck out and say we'll get the three points here.

As well as Brentford have been doing, if we cannot get the win then I very much doubt we would stay up anyway.
An early goal can kill off an away team with not a lot to play for.

They're obviously no walkover, but like you say, what chance do we really have of staying up if we can't win a game like this at home?

Come flying out of the blocks, try to pressure them into errors in dangerous areas, and you never know.

An early goal can kill off an away team with not a lot to play for.

They're obviously no walkover, but like you say, what chance do we really have of staying up if we can't win a game like this at home?

Come flying out of the blocks, try to pressure them into errors in dangerous areas, and you never know.

To be fair mate they are only 7 pts behind Spurs in 4th place and they have 2 games in hand over them.

Sooner or later we're going to have to start winning these "must win" games. I actually think we're more likely to win the Spurs game than this one but let's hope for the 3 points. We really need them.

Absolute must win.

Chelsea (A), Spurs (H) and Man Utd (A) follow this match.

If we don't win this, I think we're as good as relegated.

[If anyone wants to send an actual preview, feel free and I'll update the thread]
Not to disagree on the urgency but of those 4 the only one that seems out of reach realistically is at Old Trafford.

Villa are a very different proposition attacking wise than Brentford. Villa have more sophistication in their attack.

The reason we've done well against Brentford even in the last 2 seasosns is that they're direct, and we have defenders who'll cope with that better than they will a savvy forward like Watkins and players like Buendia and Coutinho.

Horses for courses. We'll beat them in front of a packed Goodison.
Agreed. This great club of ours will not bow out with a whimper as the pro-RS media want us to.

As things stand we are just one point away from being out of the bottom 3 and if Goodison is bouncing on Saturday we will get all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.