Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly.

What about all the other games where we had no chances?

It worries me that people think a striker solves our problems. It helps improve them of course but we have many issues. Our biggest being that we seem to play a first team where half of them are scared of the ball.

I wasn't trying to say a striker solves our problems. I was just taking this game in isolation.

That should have been a comfortable win with the chances we had.

Why did we bother signing him as he's played about as much as El Ghazi did last season. Some utterly bewildering stuff goes on at this club.

Luis Boa Morte was an assistant here wasn't he? Another superstar of the Portuguese game.
Seems to be unnecessary squad filler mate. I haven’t a clue what we’re up to. I thought we’d made a bit of progress at the start of the season but we have been shocking.

Manny Fernandes would walk into this team…..

I feel this gif depicts how the game today started and ended for us...

BG.gif

I honestly don’t know where we go now after that. I was willing to give McNeil and Maupay a chance, but they are just not upto it. Similarly, I can’t see how Lampard can survive.

Ok we are utterly horrendous and yes Lampard is part of it but the whole club is a failure and we have been sleep walking to relegation for two seasons, Richy and the crowd pulled us out of it last season. I see no white knight this time.

Lampard needed a win to buy himself some time , for every back pass and sideways pass I felt the fans turning against him , time is running out .

The board had the six-week World Cup break to bring in a new manager and reset the season (for good or ill). They decided not to. The next big game is at home to Brighton on Jan 3 (I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that we will lose to City at the Etihad). If we don’t win against Brighton and waste the transfer window, we are getting relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.