Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pragmatic type. I hear you. I fear without investment though, nothing changes. Our players just aren't good enough
The obvious issues are certainly up top, who ever the manager is we need 2 attacks at least, but I still think a manger change is needed to Frank I just don’t think is up to it, I like him but he can’t stop the rot and we’ve been here before and things just get worse.

I think the problem is we are being managed wrong, defence and midfield on paper looks decent, but they are just way off it’s only the manager to blame for that. Gueye was quite effective for Senegal in the World Cup playing forward more, but he shows none of that at Everton. A lot of the players aren’t rubbish but are only currently playing at about 50% of there ability, it’s an on going theme and was happening a good few managers a go, they need a manager that is going to lay into them and scare the life of of them, I have a feeling Everton is an easy place to be a footballer and that needs to change ASAP.
Can't agree that are midfield looks decent, Gana,s vest days are behind him and Onana is still unproven. We need goalscoring midfielders as the strikers can't always win you games.

Wolves attackers are horrendous

They are dire

But we are Everton

So we have DCL, Maupay, Gordon, Gray and Iwobi.

They have Jiminez, Neto, Traore, Podence, Hwang, Guedes, kaladzic and chiquinho, Diego Costa and the likes of Neves, Moutinho and nunes begins to create as well.

I know which group I’d take personally just off sheer numbers alone but also quality and that’s before Cunha comes in

I get the calls for strikers in the January window but I'll not hold my breath.

We pinned our hopes on these 3 very recently, Tosun,Rondon and Maupay, all whilst sending younger strikers out on loan.

Incredibly poor management and made worse by the 100% blinkered view that DCL will bail us out when fit, it won't happen.

Any decent striker we are ever linked to fails to come off so expecting more of the same next month sadly.

We comfortably win that game with decent finishers.
Possibly.

What about all the other games where we had no chances?

It worries me that people think a striker solves our problems. It helps improve them of course but we have many issues. Our biggest being that we seem to play a first team where half of them are scared of the ball.

When you get to the end of the season and you're in a situation, you inevitably think about the points you didn't get. This is a game I hope we don't have to look back at like that.

For context here it was Wolves. A team who at the start of play were bottom with 10 points and 8 goals to their name. Even with a goal scorer in the team we will still struggle against the better teams because we are an awful team with no creativity at all. Leicester come here before the break and played us off the park for 90 minutes and completely bossed our midfield. Any semi decent team will do the same.

I don’t think a striker solves much as we don’t give them much of a sniff. Wolves gifted us multiple chances today with how sloppy they were on the ball at the back and we could only muster a goal from a set piece.

The whole team isn’t good enough.

Another insipid performance,we create so very few opportunities and when we do we fluff our lines, Gordon in particular today,how he managed to not score from there I'll never know,just sensed we would totally cock up at the end the shower of bottlers that they are,well it looks like it is on us fans again to raise the club, personally after last season I don't think I've the stomach for it.?

I thought we had a chance against (apparently) the worst team in the PL but the fates conspired and it turns out we are the worst team.

Yes, it's Everton that miss golden chances to put away Wolves
Yes, it's Everton who suffer Pawson in back to back games
Yes, it's Everton who will lose 5-0 at City, 1-2 to Brighton (early lead) and 4-0 at United.

But we've never learned have we. Totally in charge for most of the game and yet we lose to a goal by a player Gordon was roasting (except nothing came of it).. And I amused myself with memories of dreadful 70s Line-ups

"And Everton are about to make a substitution - taking off Bernie Wright for Rod Belfitt"..

As the song goes... "We're Forever Everton.. 1-0 up, 2-1 down, Everton's the team that will always let you down... We're out of the League and we're out of the Cup... Everton's gone and fkd it up...."

Status
Not open for further replies.