Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not looking forward to this game and going back to Goodison, we are going down with this lot on the pitch today, let’s get this straight, none of them are good enough. The signings of Maupay, McNeil, Ghana Gaye have been abysmal. Onana looks totally lost. Did not see Kenwright and his luvvies skulking off after the game. Absolutely fuming.
Thought gueye did what he was brought back to do today !

Merry Xmas and Happy NY to all.

Jesus wept.
CBs and 6,8,10 are grand and Frank looks to have them sorted from last season.
The rest are looking poor and Franks seems to have gone backwards with them.
Hmm.

What I'm finding it hard to get over is, at Goodison, trying to shut it down at the end. And then conceding.
They didn't have the stomach, the belief, the pride, the courage. They will get relegated like that.

Maybe Coady might have the led the way here.
Like thinking back to when Costa was allowed to walk around owning it to the point he is over our player on the ground saying whatever he wants.
Don't care what he was saying he shouldn't have got anywhere near the player.
Only Tarks can hold his head half high.
Reckon there are players relying, hoping to rely, on characters in the team to get them through, characters they just aren't....and relying on other characters that just aren't there. Doesn't bode well.

So we have Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Maupay, Gordon, Gray and Iwobi.

They have Jiminez, Neto, Traore, Podence, Hwang, Guedes, kaladzic and chiquinho, Diego Costa and the likes of Neves, Moutinho and nunes begins to create as well.

I know which group I’d take personally just off sheer numbers alone but also quality and that’s before Cunha comes in

Cunha with his 0 goals this season.

Wolves aren't a bad footballing side but there's no goal threat, 8 goals before today. Diego Costa is finished at this level as a goal threat. Jimenez useless since that bad injury. Neto always injured and 0 goals all season. Traore's end product is mostly non existent.

There's a reason they're below Everton in the table.

Mina is an abject disgrace who we should tell not to turn up again. Utter charlatan.

Iwobi. Imbalances the team. Needs dropping. Constantly out of position. Nice guy but contract should with held.

Went to Goodison today for the first time in ages and was astonished by how abysmal the atmosphere was.

I’m starting to believe what the former Watford goalie Ben Foster said about us Everton fans the other month: that we are a gift to the opposition.

Maybe he has a point.

I imagine that constantly abusing and barracking your own players can’t really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.