Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonny owned Coleman.

Jimenez put in a proper old skool No.9 performance.

We were out fought, out thought & out played.

It was an embarrassment from start to finish.

Richarlison stank the place out & needs dropping. His body language was atrocious.

I wrote before the game:

A couple of things to watch for. They attacked West Ham’s right a lot and created chances. Scored two set-pieces from the left. Gulp! One player who creates so much for them, keeps the work rate up and scores is Jota. He’s in a purple patch. Jimenez has 8 goals 5 assists. Score a fair bit on the counter.

As I said they can blow hot and cold. Still 2-1 for us. Pickford will need to be handy.

Most of that came true. I’ve seen them a few times and they are consistent how they approach a game. I was hoping we would click on the day, hence the optimistic scoreline but we went polar opposite.

I was actually advocating Jimenez the summer before last seems he was too expensive for us.

At the match yesterday me and my son were watching the two teams warm up. Wolves players were out before ours, went in after ours and all looked focused and organised. In comparison, we looked lacklustre and half hearted. I said to my son that they are more up for it than we are and could see them winning.
Where has our fight and passion gone? It should be an honour to pull on the RBJ, but players get paid exorbitant amounts win lose or draw.
There's a quote on the Bullen's Road ceiling by Dave Hickson "I would break every bone in my body for any club I play for, but I would die for Everton" - players these days go to pieces if they break a fingernail! It would only take one or two players to show just a bit of passion to start lifting the team and the crowd will follow suit
Our mentality is weak, our players are gutless and we have no leaders, apart from that..

Watched the full game on repeat just now. Dont know why, it just happened to be on. Commentators said Jimenez is on loan at wolves, hes exactly the type of striker we should be looking at. Links play well, menace to the defense, quick and a decent finisher..

2n85rw3.jpg
Private Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.