Match Thread Everton v Wolves - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so easy to play against now. Instead of pressing and squeezing the away side in, we pass it ponderously and side to side around the back and in midfield, then make a mistake and get picked off or concede from a free kick. What's our actual strategy to break teams down? Because I can't see it. I dread to think how many City will put past us

Is it wrong that I actually begin to care very little about how this group of over paid individuals, who dare to wear the RBJ, actually destroy every tradition that WAS Everton FC, actually perform.

To be honest, they have left me behind in their relentless pursuit of ridiculous earnings that is in no way linked to performance and passion on the p

The BR family remains loyal to EFC but no longer do we get excited about those who purport to represent us and our values.

I have no simple answer. In recent years we have employed "managers" who were guaranteed multi million payouts if let go. I have given up explaining any logic in this to my wife and daughter, both of whom are in the nursing profession....paid peanuts for seriously dedicated commitment to real people.

Very depressing.
Mate I feel ya.

This to me, is not Everton anymore.

I honestly don't know what or who we have turned into

Our fan base is completely split now too.

Dark times indeed

Is it wrong that I actually begin to care very little about how this group of over paid individuals, who dare to wear the RBJ, actually destroy every tradition that WAS Everton FC, actually perform.

To be honest, they have left me behind in their relentless pursuit of ridiculous earnings that is in no way linked to performance and passion on the p

The BR family remains loyal to EFC but no longer do we get excited about those who purport to represent us and our values.

I have no simple answer. In recent years we have employed "managers" who were guaranteed multi million payouts if let go. I have given up explaining any logic in this to my wife and daughter, both of whom are in the nursing profession....paid peanuts for seriously dedicated commitment to real people.

Very depressing.
I,ll say it again and again.Our players are not stupid. They know that they can not compete with the top six, no chance of winning anything or being relegated. They kick a ball, have a laugh and prank around in training and get millions of pounds every year. Why bust a gut when you know mid table is safe!

Very depressing.

Had a season ticket since 2000 and seen far worse Everton sides than this in terms of quality. But none with such little heart and a lack of fight. One thing I find baffling is how poorly motivated they are for their own success. I understand players these days no longer have an affinity for the club they represent, but this lot just throw in the towel as soon as they go a goal behind.

We were 2 points behind Wolves today, a win would have put us 7th and for some, Europa League Football would seem a potentially exciting challenge before they go further with a different club (If good enough). But they simply can't be arsed to put in the hard work.

Sadly it looks like the vast majority of this current group of players represent the worst aspects of modern football and their attitudes are a disgrace.

Mom. The cat, only our goal made me smile more. Marco, it is time to leave, and take half the players with you. Not good enough! We need stability to build, but it is constant changes with the same mistakes/poor play Play the same team for 3 games in a row!!

I don't blame him for the lack of heart from the players. That's been recurring. Although I do blame him for not replacing them.

The defensive organisation is 100% on the manager though. Every time there's a free kick or corner we look like conceding. No one wants to win a header. I've very little hope in the manager. He's like a crap version of Martinez. Just as bad defensively only no Lukaku to score goals.
We have a goalkeeping coach. we are supposed to have a strikers coach along with Ferguson ( who I don,t rate ) Question - Do we not have any defensive coach at all?

What an absolute steaming pile we've become. While the buck stops ultimately with our terrible manager, are the players not seasoned professional footballers? I know the system they are being instructed to play isn't working, but they must surely be able to use some initiative on the pitch.It's their job ffs, its all they do every f'in day, its in the job title "PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER".Do one EFC you set of fupping baxters.
Most footballers are not the brightest sparks but their agents are. Instruction goes in one ear then out the other. Money, houses, cars and lifestyle is what matters As long as Everton players don,t get near relegation they won,t care. They already know their not capable as a unit to win anything.

Not going to gloat. Great performance by us. You look like a group of individuals who dont know their roles and dont play as a team tbh. I think i said it earlier, i wouldnt swap our midfield for any of yours. If thats how you play regularly i can see why you have doubts about Silva Thought we were very comfortable overall and pretty much controlled the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you can turn things around.

Big difference for me is you have the momentum of a great season last year and a feel-good factor that’s set you up nicely this season whereas we are off the back of the ugliest, uninspiring season in our history with that stain Allardyce. Silva has a huge job on his hands to right the wrongs of Koeman, Walsh and Lardarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.