Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched their game against Brighton. They’ve got weaknesses in defence which we are entirely unequipped to exploit.
Just suspect they’re better than us. Got to hope we can drag them down to our level & somehow smuggle a lucky goal.

Just watched their game against Brighton. They’ve got weaknesses in defence which we are entirely unequipped to exploit.
Just suspect they’re better than us. Got to hope we can drag them down to our level & somehow smuggle a lucky goal.
I respect your sentiment sweetheart. But I seen a few people try that logic when they seen newcastle destroy Aston Villa. I know Wolves ain't villa but id be cautious.

I've watched both their games. They've played better than us against better sides. They haven't scored but they do present much more of an attacking threat. The thought of Neto and Cunha up against our back four makes me shudder.

If we continue to struggle to score, lose another few to injury - could be in a real tough spot by Christmas. How long does Dyche get?

I'd love us to kick the season into gear and get a win here.

Let's face it...Maupay will start up front on his own. Keane will start next to Tarkowski. Young will be LB. Garner will be played out of position on the right wing. Very few (if any) subs will be made.

Is a 1-0 win too much to ask for? That's as positive as I can get over this fixture.

Adams is match fit and ready to go straight into the team if needed but he would need to be signed by tomorrow or Friday afternoon I think to play on Saturday
Is correct, but we chased Gnonto for 3 months and still waiting, we have only agreed a fee for Adams for a week, so quite a bit to go yet

If we continue to struggle to score, lose another few to injury - could be in a real tough spot by Christmas. How long does Dyche get?

The world's best managers have to work, and prosper, under regimes who basically know what they are doing.

At present, and tragically, EFC is owned and run by absolute charlatans and incompetents.

2 recent examples, employing the FSW and then Lampard, and then sanctioning the purchase of Neal Maupay.

We could replace Dyche with any manager in the world, and hampered by these clowns, they would struggle.

Dyche is, in a bizarre way, the logical endgame, after decades of decline.

If we sack Dyche, do we trust you know who to get it right, with his replacement.? ( my guess is that they would bring Ferguson back again)

We now need a multi-billionaire to purchase the club, and commence 'Year Zero'.

A complete theoretical and structural reboot, with every aspect of the clubs operations reviewed.

Finances, recruitment, sports science, commercial and retail, would all have to undergo a veritable revolution.

EFC is slowly dying and only drastic surgery could maybe save us.

Back on Topic= 1-1 on Saturday.

It's interesting to see the various possibilities for a starting eleven against Wolves but they all omit two glaring facts about our manager. Firstly, he does not know how to pick a well- balanced team, especially if it means giving a chance to younger unproven players. Secondly, he cannot get the best out of the players we have. And, it goes without saying, his in game management is woeful.
isn't that three things? What about the aqueducts?

Came in to work on Monday and nobody even took the piss. Not even the resident RS fans. That's how bad we are now that I don't even get the weekly banter. I think they're all now just embarrassed for me. I see them look at my Everton mug and then just look away as if they didn't notice it. I'm already pessimistic about playing at home against an appallingly bad Wolves side. I wont get my hopes up for much out of this one. Dom needs to wear one of those masks to protect his beautiful face and turn in to some kind of alter-ego psycho who scares the bejeezes out of opposition centre backs. Be the hero we all crave and drag this awful club along for another stomach churning ride. Can't think of any sensible starting 11 and no doubt Mr Dyche won't do anything other than the obvious with his team selection. But we live in hope.
Had the same thing mate - people looking the other way. Like a bad car crash. Even the resident Villa fan in work - came over and apologised and says he couldn't take the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.