Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have four strikers

If you're playing two up then it's pretty obvious that you select DCL and Kean

Tosun may have more technical skill but DCL has the physical attributes and they matter more in this league, for better or worse
Tosun is far superior mein frandel

Their visit to Goodison last year, with the black cat, was about the low point for us. But we slugged it out with them in Week 1 despite being a man down for more than a half and their crowd going mental for their first game back up in the PL.

They have played the same XI game-in-game-out last season, this season, and in Europa, where they keep traveling to weird little countries 1000's of miles away in the middle of the week.

Wear them out.

Could be something to that but I've seen DCL get chances on a plate giving to him and smash it off the keeper or off target every time. And I've seen Kean in limited game time work his own opportunities and smash the post 2/3 times. He's looked miles more promising.

There's only so much you can do as a lone striker in our system

Kean may snag a coue more than DCL but anyone thinking he'll be prolific is in for a wake up call

The system is the issue and as long as it's in place the striker (whoever it is) is going to struggle

time we taught these baggie trousered Slade fans a lesson. After the excitement of putting 4 past Lincoln City our boys should be cock-a-hoop. Its too early in the season to be the 7th place play off , more like the Charity Shield of the 7th place Championship 2018.
If they come to defend it will be a frustrating 0-0, but if they open up then it could be a 3-3 thriller

I want us to play two strikers and sadly he doesn't work in that system

He'd be a round peg for a square hole

We just can't keep isolating the striker anymore. It demonstrably doesn't work

Personally I don’t think it’s viable to play two strikers and two widemen in the modern game (yes I know about Leicester). For me dropping Sigurdsson deeper and playing a slightly narrower but much more advanced front 3 is the way to maintain a strong midfield whilst still posing an attacking threat.

Personally I don’t think it’s viable to play two strikers and two widemen in the modern game (yes I know about Leicester). For me dropping Sigurdsson deeper and playing a slightly narrower but much more advanced front 3 is the way to maintain a strong midfield whilst still posing an attacking threat.

If it means the striker isn't stuck in Singapore whilst the rest of the team is in a different continent then fine

If we're playing 4-2-3-1 might as well just send Kean home, Our striker have next to no support hence why everything goes to our fullbacks.

It’s that time again where I get to enjoy my visit to Goodison on the back of watching my team enter the European group stages . Hopefully we aren’t to mentally or physically tired and can come and dish out another beating at your place once again .

I doubt we will open up to much but play a more defensive game where we will invite you upon on us then counter attack at speed and precision if jota and jiminez are on there game . We are a defensive team first and foremost and will look to capitalise on any loose balls or mistakes you present .

I think If you manage to score first that will benefit you, as then we will have no option but to come out and press obviously leaving space for your pacy Italian forward to exploit , but if we score first , I can see us putting 2 or 3 past you on the counter . Looking forward to experiencing Goodison again and hopefully leaving with a smug smile on my face ;) good luck and see you all Sunday UTW

It’s that time again where I get to enjoy my visit to Goodison on the back of watching my team enter the European group stages . Hopefully we aren’t to mentally or physically tired and can come and dish out another beating at your place once again .

I doubt we will open up to much but play a more defensive game where we will invite you upon on us then counter attack at speed and precision if jota and jiminez are on there game . We are a defensive team first and foremost and will look to capitalise on any loose balls or mistakes you present .

I think If you manage to score first that will benefit you, as then we will have no option but to come out and press obviously leaving space for your pacy Italian forward to exploit , but if we score first , I can see us putting 2 or 3 past you on the counter . Looking forward to experiencing Goodison again and hopefully leaving with a smug smile on my face ;) good luck and see you all Sunday UTW

Would absolutely love us to tank you smug beauts. We win we go 4 points above you after just 4 games so dont be getting too cocky.

Decent team like ourselves however you have had one half decent season in this league and you think your Man City LOL based on your relative lack of spending in the summer- this is as good as it gets for you lads when Moutinho retires/legs go and Neves buggers off to Big Red or the like whereas we are still after the likes of Zaha and Docoure despite spending over £120 million in the summer.

Last edited:
This site is always so welcoming

FWIW I think this will be a close game, but no reason why we cannot get 3 points here. It's important we start well

Status
Not open for further replies.