Match Thread Everton v West Ham Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL reaction

I'm enjoying my football which is the main. The chances are being created and it's my job to put them in the back of the net.
It's my dream to play for England but I can't control that. I can only control what I'm doing on the pitch.
We've got players who are capable of scoring from different positions on the pitch which is helpful for me.
I enjoyed all my goals. It's nice that what I'm working on off the pitch, is coming off on the pitch.
With the players we've got and the chances we're creating, I never had any doubt we'd win the game. Long may it continue.
The other one is still in the boot of my car at the moment! I'll find a nice space for it in my house, my mum's house or my dad's house.

Ancelotti reaction
I'm very pleased. We played well, we had it under control. When West Ham equalised, we didn't lose focus, concentration or motivation. It was good.
He [Lewin] is more focused in the box. He is efficient and really clinical. It was a fantastic first goal. He can go, he can stay (with England). It doesn't matter, it's not my problem.
We started really well this season but our target is the same, to be in Europe next season. We have to be focused because the season is so long.
I think it will not be so bad, we will check tomorrow. It seems not so bad.

Ancelotti on Ben Godfrey
I cannot tell. He's a fantastic player but he plays for Norwich, not for Everton.
one for his mum........the other one for his dad. And get himself one on Saturday against Brighton. Then (and this is the big one) get Big Duncan Ferguson one in the derby. Lovely Jubbly.........

Gylfi, Delph, definitely DCL, all lifted a level with the quality around them.

Still not sure about iwobi, half the time looks like the kid who won a competition to play with the first team, other times shows what he could be.

Iwobi needs to man up and throw himself in to 50/50 tackles. Seems to back out of them and lose balls through lack of commitment.

Good shot off the post tbf though.

Thought Doucoure looked good when he came on. Always wanted the ball and loads of energy.

How good are we now?! We are just a whole new level , on par at the minute with anyone in the league.

The way we kept possession that second half and instead of playing it back and holding it , we were passing forward , then back and then forward. Always looking to play through west ham rather than defend against them.

Doucoure is a phenomenal player. He isn't the same level as Allan but again the way he brings the ball forward is such a refreshing sight compared to the Davies schniederlin siggurdson axis of last season. I'm actually glad we didn't get him last season because we get to enjoy him now rather than fuming last season.

Lewen, really looking like a top striker in every way now, does the job of scoring really well.

I know it was a second string team we were up against but we just outclassed them tonight .

Though if we played a weakened team and lost it could have affected our momentum. WH are a decent side and it's clear we want to go far in this competition, Im happy we took it seriously but obvs disappointed about injuries

West Ham fielded Eight changes from their hammering of Wolves, I'm not saying eleven reserves. Im also saying I'd have preferred it if we'd not gone so strong and WON 2-1 or whatever.

What a cost this could be and the derby in two or three weeks.

Iwobi needs to man up and throw himself in to 50/50 tackles. Seems to back out of them and lose balls through lack of commitment.

Good shot off the post tbf though.

Thought Doucoure looked good when he came on. Always wanted the ball and loads of energy.

He did the same against Palace at the weekend. He doesn’t like getting stuck in. Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.