Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing that is evident to me is that Goodison can be a bit impatient at times and the moans and groans can often lead to players making poor decisions particularly long shot taking.

The players also need to take responsibility for this. A lot is being made of Onanas rash shot that went into row z when we were in the ascendancy which was shortly followed by a goal conceded. This wasn't the first time this has happened.

I would also refer to Godfrey, simply put he should never be shooting or even crossing. It's not his game, he is a defensive stopper and attempting to do so will often end in a turnover of possession.

These are issues that I would like to see Dyche address.

One thing that is evident to me is that Goodison can be a bit impatient at times and the moans and groans can often lead to players making poor decisions particularly long shot taking.

The players also need to take responsibility for this. A lot is being made of Onanas rash shot that went into row z when we were in the ascendancy which was shortly followed by a goal conceded. This wasn't the first time this has happened.

I would also refer to Godfrey, simply put he should never be shooting or even crossing. It's not his game, he is a defensive stopper and attempting to do so will often end in a turnover of possession.

I agree, although saying Godfrey is a stopper is stretching it. Did you see his attempt, or lack of it, to stop the cross for their 2nd goal. Just didn't bother.

Godfrey is not good enough to play full back at this level.

In fact he's just not a top flight level player unfortunately.

We need much more on the ball from the right back position

We would have the making of a rock solid back three with Godfrey right, Tarks in the middle and Branthwaite left. All strong and fast.

We would have the making of a rock solid back three with Godfrey right, Tarks in the middle and Branthwaite left. All strong and fast.

McNeil and Harrison as wing backs with Beto and DCL up front? Might be worth a try at some point tbh, the wing backs are the problem though.

Very much enjoying the 'apologists' in this thread.

How many wins in 11?

This is Mike Walker all over again.

It certainly feels like Mike Walker territory but we've been saying that since FSW.

I don't think any manager could consistently get results out of this group of players.

we must be only team with wingers that cant run
they know what they will do 3 trot steps forward stop turn in pass same everytime
dobbin more positive and must be given a chance

I've just watched the match through and it posed a lot of questions, not least being "how the **** did we lose that"?

A lot of people have said how poor McNeil was, but he could have had a brace, Beto could/should have grabbed a hat-trick. Having said that WHam could have been 2 up in the first 20 minutes.

Garner, Onana, Tarks and Gomes all played well but I went for Jarrad Branthwaite again for MoM. We just need to start putting away some of the chances and all will be well 🤞

I was at Warrington Town v Bishop Storeton yesterday afternoon and keeping an eye on the score by the Skysports app, which brings up my second question "who the hell is Norberto Bercique Gomes Betuncal?" For those interested Warrington came back to win 2-1.

I've just watched the match through and it posed a lot of questions, not least being "how the **** did we lose that"?

A lot of people have said how poor McNeil was, but he could have had a brace, Beto could/should have grabbed a hat-trick. Having said that WHam could have been 2 up in the first 20 minutes.

Garner, Onana, Tarks and Gomes all played well but I went for Jarrad Branthwaite again for MoM. We just need to start putting away some of the chances and all will be well 🤞

I was at Warrington Town v Bishop Storeton yesterday afternoon and keeping an eye on the score by the Skysports app, which brings up my second question "who the hell is Norberto Bercique Gomes Betuncal?" For those interested Warrington came back to win 2-1.

Norberto is Beto's full name

I agree, although saying Godfrey is a stopper is stretching it. Did you see his attempt, or lack of it, to stop the cross for their 2nd goal. Just didn't bother.
They didn't stop the cross but what Is Dyche doing in training?
He needs to watch last nights Match Of The Day where they talk about how Newcastle set up to defend first then counter attack quickly.
I think it was McNeil who stood and watched the 2nd goal instead of sprinting to block the ball.
Dyche needs to go.

According to statistics website whoscored.com, the performance of West Ham's Alphonse Areola (9.74) was the highest by a Premier League goalkeeper this season.

In fact, the top three rankings for performances by keepers this season have also come against Everton, with Wolves' Jose Sa (9.42) and Fulham's Bernd Leno (9.11) just behind Areola.

We also seem to be out of luck….

Hard times to be a blue
Sure, their goalie mom says it all.

My lad just rang on his way back from the game, said there were a few kick - offs in the Gladwys street. He said by him some lad started booing the players when they came over, another lad squared up to him having a pop for booing. Lad said he had a right to boo etc, other lad turned round and cracked him. My lad was confronted by a couple of lads because he clapped the players as they came over. Seems to be getting nastier week by week
That lad who got hit from behind in the street end for booing was me. Iv got every right to boo when I am paying for a season ticket and not happy with what I'm watching. I suggest he owns up for what he's done and cooperates with the police. It's all on CCTV.