Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, time to regroup at the half, hopefully Dyche has a good team talk. Clearly the better team, the missed pen is a blow, but the game is right there for the taking. The only things West Ham generated were from our stupid turnovers.

Good team talk…?

“Great menatality lads”
“Jordan???? Magnificent… just try and kick it longer”
“Everyone else…. Run more “

Now take the next 14 minutes to prepare yourselves

Everton are just a crap team made up of very very crap players....

Mykolenko, hoe many times are we going to see this guy dribble it off the pitch unopposed?
Harrison, total crap, crap crosses that go to no one. That is when he can beat the man stood 5 or 10 yards away from him.
McNeil, crap, offers nothing.
Beto, crap, penalty miss completely expected. DCL who would have played crap anyway....
Godfrey at RB, crap, offers nothing whatsoever going forward so Harrison sits on his toes defending.

Crap manager....

Just all crap, this squad of players and manager need to start thinking and playing like a Premier League club or we will be going, right now we are 6 clear of Luton. We could be level or only 3 points ahead after our second charge.... This team has all the hallmarks of a side that has given it up, inability to play a 5 yard ball and technically very poor.

Only positive from the 1st half is we got a penalty.... that is the only positive.... boooooooooo
So, 'crap' then?

We finally get a pen but we all knew the outcome before he took it. It's awful. Mcneil give the ball away nearly every time he's had it. Harrison isn't any better, Doucore non effective. Onana doing nothing. Betos done OK and Jimmy Garner along with the back 4 apart from Mykolenko who's been poor. It really is a poor football team.
Spot on.

Very, very frustrating watching that. Extremely limited approach but even when chances have come the confidence just isn’t there to step up.

We lack players like Kudus and Pacqueta but the players we do have are struggling with the basics.

Being in the mire is not a fertile environment for expansive football that’s for sure.
Maybe we are in the mire due to the singular prehistoric way we play.

Even though the squad is limited, there is no sign of any improvement or variation.

Beto, McNeil, Harrison and Doucoure.

I mean, if that's your attacking 4 then you're always going to be in the relegation mix.

I'd get that cart horse Beto off right away - what's the actual point of keeping him on?
Wide players are inaffective going forward, they are basically Dyche`s wingbacks for his CB 4.... Yes we play literally 6 at the back.

Oh he definitely wasn't confident. Not especially surprised with how he's been managed, honestly.

Actually think he's done reasonably well for the most part... unfortunately the two weakest bits have been the two finishing opportunities 🤣
I mean, if he had a couple for us already this season, do you think he'd go up to take that? I genuinely think the only reason was to get him off the mark