Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What weakness up top? We didn't create anything and basically haven't done for weeks. No striker on Earth thrives in a team like ours currently is.

Fix the midfield and play real fullbacks and suddenly DCL will start scoring again.
Proper 442 is needed against teams like west ham, DCL and Richy up front. One up front at home really annoys me, Carlos did go 2 up top last season and to a degree at time s did work.

Proper 442 is needed against teams like west ham, DCL and Richy up front. One up front at home really annoys me, Carlos did go 2 up top last season and to a degree at time s did work.
More strikers does not always mean more goals. We'd be fine with one striker if we added a proper creative setup and a well balanced team but we've got neither at the moment.

That's where Moyes is so far ahead of a lot of managers, he can get results on a budget, he's never had the squads and money to spend Carlo has but in games like that he has the savvy to get a point......or sadly as it turned out last night 3. He had a game plan and his players were up for it, we didn't. Hate saying it but it was plain to see. We are now just always living in the hope "the next window" sorts us out.
...it won’t...Everton is a perennial loser

Still feel horribly disgusted that we did not put WHU away, only just got over it to now sign in.

I will be blunt Carlo got the team selection and tactics wrong.

1) Coleman should not have been selected ahead of Keane.
2) Was Keane injured? If so why on the bench?
3) it was stupid IMO to disturb that successful back 4
4) where was Iwobi? is he injured? Just what would have needed against WHU with his running.
5) Siggy off for Gomes
6) should have been Bernard off for Gomes
7) should have been Davies off James
8) why was DCL to give Tosun nearly 15 mins?
9) stats show Richie was nigh on U/S, is he playing for a transfer?
10) should habe een leave DCL on, Richie off for Gordon.

Okay that was my take on things no doubt there will be disagreement, but whatever in my book we gave 3 points away. Now down to 5th, we should have been at 3rd.

B
Ok what happens if DCL is injured for a month? Richr could go there but imo he’s needed out wide.
been saying this for the last month or 2 or 3. If plan A Dom gets injured and we switch to plan B Richy up top we then have no LW and are back to square 1 missing a key player

B

been saying this for the last month or 2 or 3. If plan A Dom gets injured and we switch to plan B Richy up top we then have no LW and are back to square 1 missing a key player

I have read that DCL came off because he had a back problem. Also is James was fit to come on at 65th min why not from the start? He coming on is again putting him at risk when he is not fully fit.

Lately we have been missing 3 key players but still eked out 4 wins on the trot.

I don’t hate this game for how bad we played, I hate it because it’s got all the fannies who’ve been waiting to start blabbering again going on about how much they hate the club and how they can’t take it any more.

The answer is obvious guys.

The issue was we were trying to play the same way against a David Moyes side that we did against Chelsea and Leicester. We have a good game plan for playing those sorts of teams but we need a better game plan for playing the likes of Burnley and West Ham who are going to sit back against us

Your talking rubbish, we are generally much poorer when he isn’t playing. when he isn’t playing we miss him more that any other player.
Agreed, we do miss him a hell of a lot when he’s not playing. His industry and work rate is missed just as much as anything else. He is currently struggling at the moment though and we need to get him back being happy, because he looks like he doesn’t want to be anywhere near a football pitch at the moment. Not sure if you listened, but ‘a view from the bullens’ podcast touched on all of this and they were bang on. No surprise he’s having his worst form for us with no Digne behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.