Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We missed him in the defence. He has been outstanding in the previous games with almost nothing getting past him. I like our 4 CB’s as a defence but not having Digne is curtailing our attack.....

Long term I would go:

Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne

Think having 3x CB's will help us be more tight whilst still having the threat of Digne going forward. Coleman doesn't offer enough going forward to justify us persisting with him.

Pickford 7
Coleman 6
Mina 6
Holgate 6
Godfrey 6
Davies 6
Doucoure 7
Bernard 5
Siggy 5
Richarlison 4
Dom 4

Gomes 7
James 5
Tosun 4

How did we lose? Easiest point ever and we didn’t even get 1

Long term I would go:

Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne

Think having 3x CB's will help us be more tight whilst still having the threat of Digne going forward. Coleman doesn't offer enough going forward to justify us persisting with him.
I think Coleman did show some determination to get forward at times more than Bernard and Richarlison

I think our problem is the side is constantly chopping and changing due to injuries, poor Carlo is having to change things every week, we have players struggling for fitness after minor knocks and it creates issues as we saw against West Ham and United.

Yesterday we had 4 of our best players missing and it hurts sides, it really does, not many teams in this league could cope without its best 4 players.

Of course we lack quality depth in some areas and we could do with options, but our first 11, fit and ready is a match for any side in this league, when was the last time we could say that?

Its not perfect, but for me you can see the growth we have made.

I
Problem is he offers nothing when he gets forward - his crossing is awful and he can't shoot anymore.

Would rather we stay more defensively solid with Holgate in there.
I see what you mean, I think seamus could still be a use to us a squad player as he’s certainly not finished. I’d like to see lamptey come in and rotate next season. I’m not sure Holgate can offer the modern day RB overlapping runs etc. We need a right sided digne long term

Status
Not open for further replies.