Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these days I'm going to figure out what it is we are trying to do in the attacking sense. Because it honestly is just so terrible to watch way too often. There is just so many layoffs and flicks and whatnot to absolutely nobody. It's like they don't even practice it.
At one point in the 2nd half that prick mcmanaman shouted at Gylfy to play a forward pass which he seemed unwilling or incapable of doing.

we seemed to focus too much on not losing rather than trying to win. The game had 0-0 written all over it but I’m hopeful lessons will be learned as we go forward.

Bad day at the office,dust ourselves down and we go again.
top 6 European football was the target at the start and weare still on course.
the Squad at present is full of bottlers,major clear out then watch us attack the sumit.

Really disappointed in them yet again. Sometimes the performance hurts more than the result and that’s the case here.
Just when you start loving them again they cut you in two.
I understand where you are coming from mate...but my professional life has had a lot of exposure to the mercenary nature of investment bankers: they are your friends only when it is in their interest. Professional footballers are as hollowed out as investment bankers...mercenaries the lot of them: they care not one jot about our feelings...only money.
I always support Everton...but I know they do not give a rat’s arse about my support.
So [Poor language removed] ‘em

NSNO

that speaks for itself

can't agree on that, I still think we were even

DCL is not a creator at all, he is a finisher and desperate for good delivery

fair enough and was so 2 weeks ago

guess I'm being a pain in the ass with all praises for Villa, but the difference is striking! do their players earn more? or maybe their club has a fat cat stakeholder to buy more fancy players? and yet they looked sharp, fast and eager for a goal. The mentality is crucial.
It's all about mentality mate. Players have to go out on that pitch with a spring in their step, believing they're gonna win.

I’m not reading too much into last night’s performance, just one of those games I think. Should really have been 0-0 but West Ham’s goal was incredibly jammy, but it’s evident our consistency and our mentality both need to be worked on, especially against the weaker teams

They came to goodison to get a nil nil draw, and we couldn’t even give them what they wanted. That’s whats so frustrating.

if we just showed a tiny bit of interest in that game we would have had an easy point or probably the win. It just seemed no one was up for it like the past 4 games. Really frustrating to watch.
Two steps forwards then one backwards. As the saying goes. It's frustrating because it was a typical Moyes managed team performance we all know adore and love to hate.

That's where Moyes is so far ahead of a lot of managers, he can get results on a budget, he's never had the squads and money to spend Carlo has but in games like that he has the savvy to get a point......or sadly as it turned out last night 3. He had a game plan and his players were up for it, we didn't. Hate saying it but it was plain to see. We are now just always living in the hope "the next window" sorts us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.