Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen that goal a few times now the only reason I can think of is that the corner kick went out and came back in again but they never said anything about it on bt sport. The ref was an absolute joke all game though.

I was told ref blew whistle before Mina's header went in, hence not a VAR issue. But whatever the whistle was for was not for a foul that interfered with play in my opinion and I saw the ref ignore numerous niggling fouls off the ball by West ham on Everton forwards throughout the match - and I think VAR would have confirmed Mina's header should have been a goal. Also VAR, if it had been used, would have confirmed the corner West Ham were given was false: Sidibe was fouled and it should have been an Everton free-kick... thankfully Pickford stopped the shot that came from that false corner. Ref had a 'mare but overall the win was justified thanks to the team's 90 minute commitment and concentration.

spot on analysis from motd

the forward passing and movement going forward was the difference today

no sideways passing or passing back and slowly building up play from the back

direct forward thinking movement
Yeah, they said what we said earlier today, down to highlighting Gomes and Davies. I reckon Phil Nev read the forum before writing his report.

Brilliant all round today. Now that needs to be every week.

Right team. Right system. 4-2-3-1 can work when there's pace and dynamism and we aren't obsessed with possession

The way the ref gave that corner which they nearly scored from, looked to me like Sidibe defended brilliantly, shielded it out and Masauka blatantly missed the ball and kicked Sidibe so it's either a goal kick or a free kick to us. I was fuming

He did , he shepherded the ball perfectly , didn’t touch it hence why the westham player attempted the tackle and hacked him

Status
Not open for further replies.