Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got back to Euston, a West Ham fan walked past me and shouted "you Jewish C***" at a man wearing a Spurs shirt.

Says it all really about the culture rife amongst their fan base.

I'm glad we eviscerated them.
I lived in east London for many years. I grew to detest them

Ao much better as a team today finally supporting the cf was just movement and pace everywhere. Quick passing and looking to play it forward instead of just passing sideways. Will give credit to silva was a brave choice to drop both kean and dcl, hope for the same next weekend to
Let’s just hope Mina came off as a precaution because we lose him and we are in the Pooh big time. He won’t change this team next week surely be a very brave decision. I would say today’s performance trumped beating the likes of Chelsea and arsenal at the back end of last season. We were very unlucky not to win this game 6-7-8 nil. Mina scored twice both ruled out, richarlison scored although blatantly offside and the post and bar coming to their rescue. I think had we scored them nobody could say we didn’t deserve it

....much better. Terrific performances all around but I would single out 3 individuals;

Tom Davies - hasn’t played for a while but produced a very disciplined performance in that deep lying defensive midfield position. Can’t be a coincidence that Gomes had his best game for a while, it’s lot to do with blend, it’s lot to do with partnerships.

Richarlison - our conventional strikers should watch that performance and take note. No excuses for him about the team not playing to his strengths, he went to war with their CBs, he ran the channels, he was a nuisance, but most of all he was effective.

Walcott (MoM) - I said before the game that I suspected he was impressing in training and he just looked a player on top of his game. He takes up terrific central positions and provides threat in that form. I have always liked him, I call him an uncomplicated footballer.

they were all outstanding. I went for Gomes as mom butcan’t argue with any of the above assessments. I also was thrilled with the effort and moreover the effectiveness of the subs when they came on. I know Gylfi scores but Kean was an integral part of that goal (as was richarlison).

I think Marco's painted himself into a corner to be honest. The time to experiment was Sheffield United or Burnley - he could easily have played a more attacking lineup in either of them and may well have got a better result. West Ham though are a decent side that could pick us apart if we change too much, so we'll stick with Schneiderlin and try to sneak a 1-0.

Scratch this - West Ham are absolutely terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.