Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm halfway through a 7 hour drive from Bristol, Tennessee to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. The mobile signal has been patchy at best and I forgot about the early kick off. I finally anaged to get a connection to find out the team news only to find out the game had already been played! Sounds like it was a good performance.
Do us all a favor and make this 7-hour drive every weekend, won’t you?

I’m alright with us missing these chances in the game (retrospectively). We missed more chances in one game than we created in the previous three. Effort from the players and a desire to get it forward & make chances over keeping possession.

It’s the Everton i want to see.

....much better. Terrific performances all around but I would single out 3 individuals;

Tom Davies - hasn’t played for a while but produced a very disciplined performance in that deep lying defensive midfield position. Can’t be a coincidence that Gomes had his best game for a while, it’s lot to do with blend, it’s lot to do with partnerships.

Richarlison - our conventional strikers should watch that performance and take note. No excuses for him about the team not playing to his strengths, he went to war with their CBs, he ran the channels, he was a nuisance, but most of all he was effective.

Walcott (MoM) - I said before the game that I suspected he was impressing in training and he just looked a player on top of his game. He takes up terrific central positions and provides threat in that form. I have always liked him, I call him an uncomplicated footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.