Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The leagues over for us

The cup is the only thing we can fight for now

If Everton win West Ham silva gets Brighton and Watford and we'll likely lose both

Unfortunately for the long term prosperity of this club we need a West Ham win.

Im not wishing for a loss to spite the RS like most do when we play City - I 100% have Everton's wellbeing in mind and unfortunately a loss at WHU is a necessary evil to make our coward board act.

I shudder to think what sort of manager 19th place Everton would be able to attract.

The leagues over for us

If Everton win West Ham silva gets Brighton and Watford and we'll likely lose both

Im not wishing for a loss to spite the RS like most do when we play City - I 100% have Everton's wellbeing in mind and unfortunately a loss at WHU is a necessary evil to make our coward board act.
What’s the point of being a fan at all if you go into a game hoping the team loses. I get having opinions on the manager and the direction of the club but hoping to lose is beyond the pale.

What’s the point of being a fan at all if you go into a game hoping the team loses. I get having opinions on the manager and the direction of the club but hoping to lose is beyond the pale.

Because I am looking beyond a game by game basis mate.

The longer Silva stays the more damage done to this club - In an ideal world he would be gone now but it appears the only way he's sacked is if he loses the WHU game therefore If that has to happen so be it as long term we'll be healthier for it.

We need to direct our anger at Moshiri for putting us fans in this awful position.

Because I am looking beyond a game by game basis mate.

The longer Silva stays the more damage done to this club - In an ideal world he would be gone now but it appears the only way he's sacked is if he loses the WHU game therefore If that has to happen so be it as long term we'll be healthier for it.

We need to direct our anger at Moshiri for putting us fans in this awful position.
Toxic fans like you are equally as damaging to a club mate.

If you have a ticket for the game, at least do the decent thing and give it someone who is actually hoping for a win.

Toxic fans like you are equally as damaging to a club mate.

If you have a ticket for the game, at least do the decent thing and give it someone who is actually hoping for a win.

I'll be honest I have given my ticket to family in recent weeks as apathy has finally hit me mate after the last few seasons of garbage.

I shall be there at West Ham though I dont want to miss perhaps my last opportunity to Boo Silva at the Full Time Whistle

I'll be honest I have given my ticket to family in recent weeks as apathy has finally hit me mate after the last few seasons of garbage.

I shall be there at West Ham though I dont want to miss perhaps my last opportunity to Boo Silva at the Full Time Whistle
I have no doubt that you my friend will make sure you get your money’s worth.

Hopefully we don’t pinch a win and take the edge of it for you.

I think this will be a real rollercoaster of a match. I honest think our players will look to give a ‘response’ to the recent garbage results/form. Whether that’s for the supporters, their personal professional pride, for the manager or all 3 who knows but I think they will be up for it. Same goes for West Ham after their recent surprising failure at the London stadium.

Thing is we cannot defend at the mo, so I think despite our attacking stats suggesting otherwise that this will be a 3-2 or 2-1 either way- and if it doesn’t go our way i wonder if it could be the final straw on our managerial
Front? I really hope we get a good result to lift our spirits, we all seem thoroughly deflated at the mo we need something to give some hope. I just pray that the team and tactics set out are POSITIVE cos we need to get on the front foot. If we line up with the negative set ups seen thus far (mainly) we are on a hiding to nothing. We can go for these at home.

I shudder to think what sort of manager 19th place Everton would be able to attract.

Steve-Kean_AI_2088241c.jpg

As ever, I’m hoping for a win.
And against West Ham at home, this should be an Expected Win (or draw, if they get lucky).
In no circumstances should Wham fans ever be getting the train from Euston up expecting to win.
But they will be.

Sit back and pick our impotent attack off with a fast counter.
Pump it long and wait for the free kicks.

0-2

GTF Silva and these players

The leagues over for us

:oops: Let me try and work this out.
You want us to lose to West Ham, because if we beat them, then it means we are going to lose to both Brighton and Watford. But if we lose to West Ham, it means we will beat Brighton and Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.