Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Marco's painted himself into a corner to be honest. The time to experiment was Sheffield United or Burnley - he could easily have played a more attacking lineup in either of them and may well have got a better result. West Ham though are a decent side that could pick us apart if we change too much, so we'll stick with Schneiderlin and try to sneak a 1-0.
Think we will line up the same as we did vs burnley with Sidibe an enforced changed.

Playing Snides on its own isnt bad, but when hes paired with another centre midfielder who wants to hold hands on the centre circle and the attacking midfielder who plays too far ahead and drifts out to the right its not going to work.

Just reading the BBC Sport preview for Saturdays game.
Makes depressing reading for us and Mr Silva.
  • Everton could lose five consecutive league fixtures for the first time since October 2005, when they equalled the club top-flight record of six straight losses.
  • The Toffees are also on the cusp of matching their club Premier League record of three consecutive home defeats.
  • Only Watford and Newcastle have scored fewer goals than Everton's six.
  • They have the worst second-half record in the division, only managing one goal and failing to outscore their opponents in any game after the interval.
  • Everton have conceded a league-high 22 set-piece goals since the start of last season.
Wowzer, perspective
I didn't think it was that bad.

Ive got a mental problem !
I cannot predict or expect an Everton defeat , however all things point to this unfortunately being inevitable against West Ham
......................... 3-1 to the Blues , up the Toffees

I’m assuming this is a wind up. Pochetino wouldn’t come near Everton. I do wonder what world some of our fans live in.
You don’t go from managers who relegate teams to very highly rated managers like Poch.

Really not a wind up. We have an attraction to the latest fad's when it comes to managers - especially those without a single trophy in their CV. I think he has been found out, as results begin to show this year.
  • Doesn't seem to be able to motivate a team containing a lot of quality - sound familiar??
  • His teams seem to choke when they get close to winning something - sound familiar???
  • Is all about soothing voices and telling players they had a great game when they had an utter shocker - sound familiar???
He is a slightly more experienced Silva/Martinez nothing more and exactly what we do not need (as you say he probably wouldn't want to - but we also likely would throw a ridiculous offer making him the best paid manager in the world too)

Really not a wind up. We have an attraction to the latest fad's when it comes to managers - especially those without a single trophy in their CV. I think he has been found out, as results begin to show this year.
  • Doesn't seem to be able to motivate a team containing a lot of quality - sound familiar??
  • His teams seem to choke when they get close to winning something - sound familiar???
  • Is all about soothing voices and telling players they had a great game when they had an utter shocker - sound familiar???
He is a slightly more experienced Silva/Martinez nothing more and exactly what we do not need (as you say he probably wouldn't want to - but we also likely would throw a ridiculous offer making him the best paid manager in the world too)

a turbo Martinez if you will ??

Ive got a mental problem !
I cannot predict or expect an Everton defeat , however all things point to this unfortunately being inevitable against West Ham
......................... 3-1 to the Blues , up the Toffees
Its called the 'Everton that' syndrome
I've gotten over it now after years of let down.
You've accepted you have a problem, you're on the road to recovery.

Now I just wallow in yesterdays glories, Howard Kendall days.
But never dream of a return of those days, never dream of a Mourinho walking into our club and us winning something.
We are plucky little Everton, we are not allowed to dream the dream of times gone by (song pun intended)

I remember the home game to these last season. I was confident going in, then we got easily turned over. Hopefully it’s more like the away game from last season when we where boss.

Don’t show Yarmolenko or Anderson the inside and half the battle is complete, however there is no way Silva and his staff will even tell the lads that. It will be along the lines of control the game and we win.

• Everton could lose five consecutive league fixtures for the first time since October 2005, when they equalled the club top-flight record of six straight losses.
  • The Toffees are also on the cusp of matching their club Premier League record of three consecutive home defeats.
  • They have the worst second-half record in the division, only managing one goal and failing to outscore their opponents in any game after the interval.
  • Everton have conceded a league-high 22 set-piece goals since the start of last season.

NSNO

Cor what a team

Status
Not open for further replies.