Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players gave everything for the manager today which is encouraging, they are obviously behind him, and really fought. This is a good team when it wants to be. Only trouble is that they seem to require an incentive to put this level of effort in, which is why we seem to do, or at least look better against bigger teams these days, and then turn off against lower opposition. Away form is poor as well. Do hope the board will see the wisdom in giving the manager time though...

Players gave everything for the manager today which is encouraging, they are obviously behind him, and really fought. This is a good team when it wants to be. Only trouble is that they seem to require an incentive to put this level of effort in, which is why we seem to do, or at least look better against bigger teams these days, and then turn off against lower opposition. Away form is poor as well. Do hope the board will see the wisdom in giving the manager time though...

Biggest thing i noticed today. Players are still playing for him.
Huge thing.

Iwobi for me, think he made us tick. His movement was superb and he was constantly looking for the ball

Gomes and Walcott were also stand out performances today. Gomes bossed that midfield and I haven’t seen Walcott that fired up in a very long time

Isn't that the managers job, to motivate the players against the smaller teams. That's what the good managers do. It's easy to be up against the RS, city etc. The teams that win things are usually up for every game

Iwobi for me, think he made us tick. His movement was superb and he was constantly looking for the ball

Gomes and Walcott were also stand out performances today. Gomes bossed that midfield and I haven’t seen Walcott that fired up in a very long time

Get Zaha and Richarlison either side of Iwobi in the middle and you have a great midfield 3 in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.