Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref should not be the one to decide when and if to use VAR, there should be a voice in his ear telling him when, and why to use it. We really supposed to believe that there are not people in his earphones able to tell him if he has made a mistake?

I thought VAR would help to stamp out corruption, but it actually seems to make it worse, because the officials can use or ignore it as they see fit. It should be managed by an independent governing body.

I'm surprised the players don't just sit down and demand decisions like that go to VAR, but would probably never do that as the FA would crucify them...

Sadly all VAR does is prove that corruption exists. They have no excuse to make these mistakes anymore.
Again, it doesn’t matter the second the ref blows the whistle. The mic in his ear can only say “you biffed that call, idiot,” and nothing more.

We came bouncing out of the ground today. Cracking win, great attitude and performance from front to back. I slated Walcott before the match but happy to wipe the egg off my face. His effort today was first class. Gomes and Davies just works. Iwobi was a class above. Actual pairings on both wings, some of the play inside their fullbacks was a joy to watch. Well taken goal by Sigurdsson to make the score line more reflective of our domination in most of the game. Well done, Everton. Now keep that level up every match.

To think it should have very easily been 5-0:
- That Mina header was a clear goal. Watched it 5 times and still don’t see the foul.
- Tom puts that slightly to the right it’s in.
- Iwobi places anywhere but directly down the middle.

Maddening to see how capable we are in creating chances when coming in to this fixture we’ve been so poor.

Fantastic win, but need to keep the intensity up and unacceptable if performance and commitment levels drop off again.

Gomes MOTM.

Sidibé, Davies, Walcott, & Bernard excellent.

Referee completely inept and could have cost us three points.

And breathe!

Happier than a land rover with no electrical faults or oil leaks
There is no such vehicle.

Today I have largely been disconnecting everything so I can hoik the engine out of my new daimler toy (which wasnt part if the plan when I bought it!).

Sooooooo many inaccessible bolts, so many wires and hoses..... so many uncomfortable oily positions beneath the car. One takes for granted the acres of space there is to work on a landy.

Best performance this season. Everyone put a shift in. Particularly impressed with Gomes and Davies but everyone did what they are supposed to do and concentrated for the full 90. Defensive structure good. Ref was a pillock quite a few times, for numerous little bullying takedowns on Everton's forwards before the ball reached them but especially for the Mina header that was quite simply a goal and VAR, mysteriously absent at that moment would've confirmed that.

Important win in the context of our league position. No doubt about it. No complaints regarding any of our players attitudes today. Need to win an away game though (starting next week) to set things off. A long way to go still. In my opinion we're still 4 to 6 points behind what we coudve expected from those 9 games.
Ps. Walcott (not my favourite player) did well today too.

Ref should not be the one to decide when and if to use VAR, there should be a voice in his ear telling him when, and why to use it. We really supposed to believe that there are not people in his earphones able to tell him if he has made a mistake?

I thought VAR would help to stamp out corruption, but it actually seems to make it worse, because the officials can use or ignore it as they see fit. It should be managed by an independent governing body.

I'm surprised the players don't just sit down and demand decisions like that go to VAR, but would probably never do that as the FA would crucify them...

Sadly all VAR does is prove that corruption exists. They have no excuse to make these mistakes anymore.
Yep. It would have been easy for the ref to allow the goal, then let var try to prove him wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.