Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams playing RS are terrified of them...and capitulate miserably. But against us, there is zero fear. In fact it's worse than that: the teams thrashed by RS have stout resolve to exact revenge 'on the scousers'. This rationale explains my predicting Watford to beat us. Norwich will similarly fancy their chances against us and will look a totally different team to the one that will get thrashed by RS.
It's going to be long, hard season for our brave lionhearts. Do they have the fortitude to foot it? I have massively nagging doubts.

You are a funny bunch
You think you are a big club, you have big club expectations
You consider that "smaller clubs" are not entitled to play ok against you
Your best 2 players are ex Watford!
You lose and the world at an end

You know you won't go down - but you worry about it anyway
You are a mid table club in the worlds best league - so enjoy it

I'm really not sure where you are getting a lot of this from mate. Everton are a big club, even in our worst run as a club, we have been ever presents in the league and finished in tbe top half. But not sure what that has to do with it.

I've not seen anybody say Watford, or anybody else cant play well against us. Watford played well and were good value for the win.

But the collapse has to be put into context. Watford were a championship team last season, who have just sacked their manager and come off a 5-0 drubbing. Everton got 59 points last season, having fallen off a cliff in the final 10 games. To collapse in the manner we did, against tbe opponents we did is unacceptable.

Good luck to Watford. You sensed our manager and players had ran out of ideas and went for the kill. But from an Everton perspective we shouldn't be getting hammered by Watford. Its inexcusable.

More or less sums up the arrogance that a lot of our fans have.

100%

Was the same last weekend the usual suspects wetting their mattresses when West Ham beat us 1-0 with us missing 3 of our 4 best players.

Some think we have a God given right to beat everyone but the scab 6.

Struggling to shake this catastrophe off tbh. Even when we went 2-1 up we didn't really deserve and had been dreadful.

I'm lost for solutions and can't pin it on individuals. It's a manifestation of just how badly run the club has been of late. It's everyone's fault.

100%

Was the same last weekend the usual suspects wetting their mattresses when West Ham beat us 1-0 with us missing 3 of our 4 best players.

Some think we have a God given right to beat everyone but the scab 6.

No team has any right to anything. I don’t think it’s unreasonable however, to question a player or the actual teams mentality regardless of injuries. That’s not arrogance. That was a capitulation yesterday. Heads totally gone across the team. You know it as well as I do.

In the last 20 years every team currently in the Premier League has enjoyed winning the league or a cup or the thrill of getting promoted. Except one.

To be fair, for us to have enjoyed the“thrill of getting promoted” would have entailed the misery of relegation.

And miserable as the past twenty years have been, that at least is one bullet I for one am more than happy to have avoided ?

Status
Not open for further replies.