Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
goals 78, 80, 86, 91.

I said Keane was good for 70 mins.

the second goal was on Godfrey on the corner. The third, they already broke us down on the counter. It was game over after that.

keane was better than Godfrey anyways.

Godfrey covered Keanes mistakes up to the 70th minute.

What game were you watching?

Youre blaming Godfrey for zonal marking now lol

Youre a funny one.

The wheels fell off when we signed Rondon

Can't remember him winning a single header, it's not even fitness you can blame it on now, he's had about seven games, he's finished, legs have gone and every semblance of the footballer he used to be has sailed away, just needs to retire, hope Benitez realises this and plays one of the kids, or even Richarlison up front. This second half has been up there with our most humiliating performances ever.

Gutless cowards those 3 at the back, Godfrey, Digne and Keane. Davies again showed why he is league 2 player.

Utter shambles of a squad we've got. I'd rather recall Nkonkou to play at LB. Digne looks unarsed in every attribute of football, as does Godfrey at CB.

Am I suprised. No not really. That's the real worring part. When it takes seamus coleman 40 seconds to take throw ins in the first half tou know there is no winning mentality in this squad. Micheal keane looked like he was high. Godfrey shocking. Tom davis shocking. And as for rondon ...well... and rb prob worse than rondon for even thinking of starting him not to mind leaving him on

I clicked off at 2-1 just looked again ??? Rafael I’d go to Newcastle if I was you. Luckily for me I’ve found much better stuff to do with my time at weekends, watching Everton just depresses me.

My issue is I don't care if fans right defeats off due to injuries, but managers doing that shouldn't happen.

We lost last week because West Ham were better than us and that wouldn't have changed had we had DCL or Richarlison fit. Neither of them let us control football matches.

Benitez is proving he's just not been very good for a while. There's been no organisation to our defending all season bar the OT and Brighton games and those teams played right into our hands trying to play down the middle of us. Then without Doucoure we've been walked through in midfield today and set-pieces again absolutely horrendous.
We don't have the players to play possession. We can't control games because the midfielders and backline aren't fit to do that. Benitez is doing what he can. That said we're basically wasting away because of it. I'd honestly prefer we got in a real manager with a progressive style and just endured the growing pains because at least you're growing.

Besides Pickford obviously, going to go Seamus who despite not being a star player has a standard of football and integrity that others find it impossible to get to in this team

Go look up the transfer thread when we signed him, I posted about it a ton, he was a crap pen merchant who was a 1 in 4 striker when he wasn't scoring pens and people remembered because he scored against us a few times. Which of course he's gone and done again so this thing will never stop now.
Whether you are right or not is beside the point - we were all set up for a classic pantomime "oh no he wasn't" exchange!

Status
Not open for further replies.