Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard fought win. Superb defending. Keane and Mina are rock solid.

First 30 mins was all over them, wish we had Kean on for that.

Watford stepped up for the rest of the match and was a tough contest. Pickford's dish with a great stop.

Richarlison had 2 sitters and fluffed them both.

Kean was very impressive when he came on and was inches from getting his first goal. Anticipate a start for him next game.

Sigurdsson with some very good, experienced work at the end to see the match out.

Gbamin was very composed and clearly got up to speed with the game quickly. Good tackling, ball control and passing from him.

didnt see the game, so what looks good about kean? Sounds exiting! Anyone hes similar to?
First, he is so strong, defenders were trying to bully him off the ball and slam into him, and he was just taking on 2-3 at a time and holding it impressively well. Then, he had 2 opportunities, he took them strongly and with confidence, beat defenders and then just barely missed the 2nd.

...much as I thought, much as I hoped, a hard fought win.

Hardly any off-sides reflect we are having to defend deep, I doubt that’s what we want to do in the longer term.

Impressed with Kean, his 2nd miss more than his first miss. Finally looks a player who can make a difference.

Well, in the end it was a win and we deserved it. Didnt play great in the 2nd half, but held the ball up well at the end, and yet another clean sheet.

Richarlison and Siggurdson struggled, as did Coleman and Gbamin(though better than last). Bernard did well, and Kean showed just how dangerous he is. Really should have won 2-0 from either Richarlisons wide open header, or one of Kean's misses
Any chance of a link to the game you watched ?

Status
Not open for further replies.