Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever seen a team 2 games in a row take the lead and just go so much backwards in the match as Spurs have done v the Saints and v Us. Spurs went way worst after their goal v us with a man more. another thing its probably rare you get 2 Red Cards in a game and pretty much both set of the fans supporting those teams agree with the reds instead of coming up with the reason it was not one

MOTM, I voted Keane which is odd after the penalty, but that strike....GET IN THERE ⚽

Thought Iwobi had a great game, team looked pretty good really.

Kane has been taken out of my dream team, can't stand the man now, anybody would think Tony Bellew dealt him one lol

Full praise to Mr Dyche, excellent so far ;)

These seasoned players are not goal scorers though. Dyche made it clear we had to take a lot more shots due to lack of goals and goalscorers and that is what they are doing.
But why did Onana try two shots from twenty yards with his left foot when he had space to go three or four yards forward and hit the ball with his right foot which is he main one, I’ve seen stronger back passes than those efforts!!

…fingers crossed Jeff, I feel Dyche has given us a chance.

it’ll be fascinating what he does with Doucoure’s suspension. He could revert to the Lampard central midfield axis of Gueye/Onana/Iwobi or bring in Davies or Garner. If he goes for the former, it would allow Gray to play right wing and Simms up top but he might think that carries too much risk.
Onana is doing next to nothing in his midfield role, I don’t even what he is supposed to be doing he just ambles around marking spac, and Iwobi doesn’t inspire in the midfield role he can’t tackle and you need battlers to win the ball in the centre of midfield, Doucoure’s energy will be a big loss.

First off how do you know?
Second off in training Tom Davies looks like a footballer.

E: I'd love to think that Mick Keggers is practicing long range blammos in training like that lol
Because we release training videos often and on the shooting bits he outshines everyone else. Not difficult I accept but still 100% true.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to give it a go when Dom's injured to see how it went. Can't be any worse than what we've had up front this season.
Honestly would even prefer it when we're chasing a goal like yesterday - Iwobi is an ineffective winger, just move Gray out there and lump it to big Mick lol

Or drop Gray slightly back and put Keggers up front and keep effectively the same shape, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.