Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate was rightly sent off (initially given a yellow), despite clearing the ball. So why does the goalkeeper get a free pass to take out Richy, even if the ref believed he got the slightest touch of the ball? Remember hearing at the start of the season about 'contact with consequence', there was certainly consequence as if the ref hadn't stopped play Richy was in a great position to shoot. The incompetence of english refs never ceases to amaze, yet also hardly surprises me anymore.

Holgate was rightly sent off (initially given a yellow), despite clearing the ball. So why does the goalkeeper get a free pass to take out Richy, even if the ref believed he got the slightest touch of the ball? Remember hearing at the start of the season about 'contact with consequence', there was certainly consequence as if the ref hadn't stopped play Richy was in a great position to shoot. The incompetence of english refs never ceases to amaze, yet also hardly surprises me anymore.
But, worryingly, it's becoming clearer by the day that it's something deeper and more sinister than mere incompetence.

I'm sorry - I'm hot having that not being a pen today - I still dont think he touched the ball before he hit Richy! Then the var rubbish abd the complete fubar of the restart and you would have thought spurs were the home team.

Watch how many pens just like that get given this season for the other sides - the corruption isn't even hidden now.

Still not sure where holgates foot is meant to go after the clearance either, yes he's an idiot, but I think he knows it's that shithouse hoijberg n the other end and he's could easily have done holgate? Plus it's exactly the same as cresswell but he only gets a yellow?! Just zero consistency.

I thought the officials and var were atrocious and a disgrace today, several spurs players made umpteen persistent fouls on our players and he didn't even have a word with many of them - shambles!

VAR was supposed to help referees make the right decisions when it's wrong and reduce the mistakes. Yet today, the world saw how VAR was used to overturn the right decision. Is it because Conte is not allowed to lose his first match? I will be disappointed if this was brushed aside with no consequences for the officials.

VAR was supposed to help referees make the right decisions when it's wrong and reduce the mistakes. Yet today, the world saw how VAR was used to overturn the right decision. Is it because Conte is not allowed to lose his first match? I will be disappointed if this was brushed aside with no consequences for the officials.
John Moss was on VAR. VAR is only as good as the officials operating it, so naturally today it was complete bullshmidt.

Status
Not open for further replies.