Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last chance saloon next Friday against Arsenal you feel particularly if Spurs win Saints as they should do midweek woukd be 4 above us with a much better GD - a draw at the Emirates simply aint good enough after last nights gutless collapse at the back.

Last chance saloon next Friday against Arsenal you feel particularly if Spurs win Saints as they should do midweek woukd be 4 above us with a much better GD - a draw at the Emirates simply aint good enough after last nights gutless collapse at the back.

A draw at Arsenal is ok if we follow it up. We are fighting for 6th at best and realistically 7th.

If we had won the Palace game these last 2 draws would not have stung so much. Brighton we didnt deserve to win so we have to accept a draw. The 2 home games were very disappointing, although not so much from a performance perspective. I'm happy to see us making chances.

A draw at Arsenal is ok if we follow it up. We are fighting for 6th at best and realistically 7th.

If we had won the Palace game these last 2 draws would not have stung so much. Brighton we didnt deserve to win so we have to accept a draw. The 2 home games were very disappointing, although not so much from a performance perspective. I'm happy to see us making chances.

A draw at Arsenal is okay if we had a good GD. If Spurs win Saints midweek even if we win our game in hand they stay above us on GD.

We also have Man City away last game of the season which you can realistically chalk off any hopes of a win there.

We've bottled it big time and now need to stand up and be counted for. 3 points has to be taken next friday or its 8th at best.

A draw at Arsenal is okay if we had a good GD. If Spurs win Saints midweek even if we win our game in hand they stay above us on GD.

We also have Man City away last game of the season which you can realistically chalk off any hopes of a win there.

We've bottled it big time and now need to stand up and be counted for. 3 points has to be taken next friday or its 8th at best.

I've made my peace with us falling short. These draws have hurt badly but all those home defeats that should have been ground out into draws have hurt badly as well.

We could easily have another 5 or 6 points and be in a reasonable position. But thats the fine margins that separate a good team from an average one.

We fell short due to poor individual performances, a lack of commitment and too many injuries. We've not been good enough and thats the crux of it.

Absolute car crash defending. Schoolboy stuff. Embarassing. That said we had more than enough chances to win that game - from shooting straight at the goalie to blazing over. Richy needs to stay on his feet and start finding the target. Conversion rate is poor but he has a tough role up front on his own. We have a few players who simply aren't good enough though and will never be. Sell and rebuild for next season. This one's over. Carlo knows what he needs - give him the scope to build it.

the only plus from the game was siggy's goal, beautiful to watch a team goal, I only wish I'd been at a full goodison to see that. The rest of the game was, well 'that's everton that'.

No.

I said this season I fancied DCL to get more none pen domestic goals. He may well do. I doubt any opponents will gift jim 2 freebies like Keane did tonight though.

I'm really not sure why people want to dredge that up. We didnt draw tonight because of DCL. We drew tonight because Keane header the ball, unchallenged, on a plate to Harry Kane.
No mate. Good enough. Was just askin the question.

No mate. Good enough. Was just askin the question.

Sorry mate, my response was a bit blunt, I was a bit hacked off yesterday with Keane.

I made a prediction at the start of the season that DCL would score more none pen domestic goals than Kane. In fairness, it's been proven wrong in that Kane has performed better than I thought he would and DCL hasn't been as conistent as I thought he would. Sometimes people can intepret that in a certain way to mean I think DCL was better, which was never really my point.

....such a shame those defensive lapses took away a deserved victory. I thought we were better than them, Spurs doesn’t look a ‘happy ship’ and if Kane is missing for a period I see no reason why we shouldn’t finish above them.

I'd fancy us to finish above Spurs, and with West Hams injuries there is a chance we could catch them, and even Liverpool depending on how they react to the CL thing (could go either way). So 5th is still there. However, all the sides up to 11th are still reachable too for us, so it's swings and roundabouts. Can't see us getting 4th, unless Leicester completely implode, or catching Chelsea.

Aside from the City the rest are winnable, and if we are in a position where we have a chance on the final day, that will be a good position to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.