Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure DCL scores either of those ‘tap ins’ in all honesty. But then Kane is a world class player and goal scorer.
Said to my mate I dream of DCL being able to finish like that.... don’t think he would have scored either of them. Maybe it will come, maybe Kane wouldn’t have scored them at 23 but they were excellent finishes.

Last edited:
It was a toss up between Gylfi and James for MoM bot I went for Gylfi, his best game for a long time.

Slapstick comedy between Keane and Holgate unfortunately.

Allan and Tom Davies played well together in midfield, another good cameo performance from Captain Seamus, and another good game from Ben Godfrey, he'll get the ball in the net one day.

I think Kane touched the ball 3 times - he scored with the first two touches and headed narrowly wide with the third. Natural goalscorer.

Wins are overrated anyhow. You get a boost and then the other half just brings your mood down with some stupid argument over something trivial. May as well be already at that level. :cheers:

I’m not sure DCL scores either of those ‘tap ins’ in all honesty. But then Kane is a world class player and goal scorer.

They were both tap ins mate, which he took well. Any player should and would bury them. The issue is why has Keane managed to find a way to head it to him twice. Absolutely shocking.

Two of the whipping boys were excellent tonight. Tom and Siggi.

Wonder how much of that is down to Allan looking back to his best.

Iwobi made sure it was no hat trick of whipping boys!!

Keane and Holgate are a disasterous pairing but Godfrey erased Son effrotlessly - that was some performance by him tonight.

James on the ball is different mustard, Digne played his best in a long time. Seimi showing again that he has plenty to bring to the party as sub, even King looked decent.

How in the name of God did we leave the points behind.

Hope we take that performance and keep going for the rest of the season.
Even King got involved for first time since he signed.
Unfortunately James will probably be out now for a bit after playing twice in 5 days.
Still think we could be a very decent side with 3 top signings.

No, he was the most talented player on the park, I won’t argue that. Man of the match is the most effective and influential player, he wasn’t that tonight.
He was by far our most influential player. Sig scored a good goal, James won the pen and absolutely dominated midfield. He actually linked up excellently with sig and I’d like to see that more. Regardless, two points dropped as we have crap defenders.

Are you saying. DCL will score more goals in his career than Kane.

No.

I said this season I fancied DCL to get more none pen domestic goals. He may well do. I doubt any opponents will gift jim 2 freebies like Keane did tonight though.

I'm really not sure why people want to dredge that up. We didnt draw tonight because of DCL. We drew tonight because Keane header the ball, unchallenged, on a plate to Harry Kane.

They were both tap ins mate, which he took well. Any player should and would bury them. The issue is why has Keane managed to find a way to head it to him twice. Absolutely shocking.
Catchercito,

Who shot Holgate for the first?

One minute he is tall and strong, an Adonis like figure.

The next he is like my college me after a buy one get one free beer promotion. It was like that horse in the National that just fell over. It was magic seeing him collapse if you are not a Toffee.

I can't fault the performance in general.

I thought we played really well and Spurs will be grateful if the point.

Rodriguez deserves to end the night a winner. He was quite magnificent.

Good performances for the most part from Godfrey, Davies, Sigurdsson and Coleman - who has looked much better for us this season when used offensively.

I put the blame on the draw with Palace at DCL and Richarlison feet. Tonight Keane and Holgate cost us the win. I'd call it comical but I didn't find the consequences funny.

Not having a genuine striker on the pitch again cost us. Richarlison isn't good enough to play as the front man, I wasn't overly impressed with him again.

It would be nice if we get this level of performance for the rest of the season.

Keane and Holgate imploding tonight shows why Mina and Godfrey should be our starting CBs. If we don't sign a RB this summer we might as well give it up, we've got to stop playing centre halves as full backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.