Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
See Liverpool have scraped another late win.
FFS.......they really are the devil's spawn.

Whilst i understand where you are coming from, to say they are not gracious in victory or defeat is a understatement..they don’t give up mate.

They had a dodgy VAR decision and ended up winning by not giving up, we had the likes of Tony Scott from the Echo last week saying “anyone would lose their heads after that”. It was 2-2 at the time! It should of made us more determined to push on and win not feel sorry for ourselves.

It does my head in the mentality out there in particularly by the more outspoken and media folk. I don’t like that club at all, they have a better mentality than us and have for years. Sick of it.

Neither have any positional sense, neither are great at tackling and Delph has probably been our worst midfielder this season
Neither are great at tackling but boast the best tackles made per game, Gomes is probably our worst mid at defensive positioning and can’t make a recovery run without fouling, and Schniederlin/Gomes have made the least advancing passes out of our mids by the eye test

I was the resident compiler for the local paper for six years but stopped as they didn't have a crossword editor to keep me on my toes. That was eight years ago and I had got a bit rusty since. I've already had one cryptic published on Big Dave (pseudonym Dumber because the MENSA magazine asked if I could dumb my clues down a bit for them!) but my second puzzle includes a couple of my favourite clues, one of which won a Guardian Unlimited clue-writing competition years ago - Yep, it'll stick plastic instantly (7-5) and another that is too easy for regular solvers but has a good surface reading - Sailors in the drink (8)

It was suggested I change my pseudonym so I dropped the D and am now Umber.
Absinthe...and I’ll think about the other one.
That’s an interesting tale you tell...I would imagine constructing a good cryptic to be quite challenging. Good on you for taking on that challenge

Neither are great at tackling but boast the best tackles made per game, Gomes is probably our worst mid at defensive positioning and can’t make a recovery run without fouling, and Schniederlin/Gomes have made the least advancing passes out of our mids by the eye test

I have to totally disagree with you both. I believe that neither is, rather than are. Sorry to be argumentative.

If Spurs turn up and score then I am concerned we will get another beating. It's sad times that our own shot is to score first....

We need three in midfield tomorrow otherwise Spurs will dominate us in there. But we know Marco will stick to that bogglingly out of date 4321.

I just dont know or can predict anything with this side. I thought the west ham performance was good but the demons in my head looking at west ham since is saying did we beat nothing.
But we're at home. And we need these points. Coz i cant see us picking up points away from home more or less anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.